Product Development Engineer
This US Owned Company is a leader in their space and are always bringing out innovative products to the Marketplace. They have multiple divisions that design and develop new products for multiple industries. They have a great team in place, offer full benefits and a nice relocation package.
This is a newly created position that they are excited to add. We must have a background in Textiles:
- Lead and manage multiple projects for New Product Development in various stages of the product lifecycle in line with agreed commitments to respective clients
- Communicates to Management and Core team members of the status of assigned product development programs
- Create weave draft and knitting patterns to design and build complex prototypes, prepare test units, perform finishing
- Partners with Textile Design Engineer as needed and Operation groups to develop New designs or New textile technology. Utilizing engineering principles, further advance textile components and develop finishing techniques as needed for client’s end application
- Partners with a cross-functional team to facilitate a transition of manufacturing process from development groups to commercial groups per IPDP while maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Responsible for design of process that is scalable to a production environment based on client design and volume requirements
- Responsible for communicating manufacturing and process development status, expectations, and constraints internally and externally
- Responsible for documenting all phases per IPDP and quality compliance. Compile, maintain, review and interpret product development data
- Authors SOPs, Work Instructions, Batch Records, Product Specifications, Process Performance Qualification, Process Operational Qualification protocol plans and reports critical to Product development
- Supports Business managers to provide technical inputs to customers for early development programs and support Quality Assurance team with any non-conformance investigations as a subject matter expert
- Adheres to GMP/QSR requirements and follows applicable QMS documentation (e.g., SOP’s, Work Instructions) to successfully accomplish job requirements
- Follows Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures, including wearing hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, eye protection as required
- Follows gowning procedures in designated areas
- Follows established safety requirements and adheres to the Health Safety and Environment Management System
- Performs other job-related responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Engineering or related discipline
- Experience managing a technical project
- Experienced in textile forming technologies: Knitting, Braiding and weaving
- Ability to understand the client’s needs, how the needs relate to the scope of the project and how changes will affect other systems
- Ability to translate client inputs into engineering requirements based on technical skill set
- Ability to explain technical concepts to internal and external project stakeholders, including process capabilities, limitations, and areas for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to get along well with others and work in a team environment
- Leadership experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and decision-making skills
- Experience in technical writing and use of statistical tools, including MiniTab
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and MS PowerPoint
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.