A Global Leader in Industrial Textiles with Manufacturing facilities around the world. My client is searching for a Quality Engineer to join their team. Their product provides parts to an industry with huge demand and will continue to grow into the future. Great benefits and people. A family feel with a lot team activities.
The Quality Engineer will ensure that the product is consistent and meets both external and internal customer requirements. You will support manufacturing teams in completing thorough root cause investigations and implementing robust corrective actions when non-conformances occur utilizing sound engineering principles, Six Sigma methodology, and Lean manufacturing techniques. The Quality Engineer will also analyze product quality data to assess process capability and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist manufacturing teams in developing & maintaining robust PFMEAs, Control Plans and appropriate controls to support the production of consistent product from run to run
- Lead resolution of customer complaints by assisting manufacturing teams with use of appropriate tools to identify true root causes & implementing effective corrective actions
- Work with Technology, Manufacturing, and Commercial teams to establish appropriate production and quality control standards
- Interacts with customers to address their quality needs and concerns
- Review product quality data for capability, trends, and opportunities and works with manufacturing teams to identify and implement improvements as appropriate
- Establish a program that consistently reviews leading indicators impacting QC metrics and champion their improvements by analyzing data statistically and graphically
- Lead and accountable toward the overall health of the plant’s ISO system including review and maintenance of certain documentation and internal auditing as necessary
- Conduct customer specification reviews as needed
- Involved in the New Product Introduction process to ensure capability to manufacture new products
- Oversees lab equipment calibration program
- May supervise lab personnel
- Accountable to the completeness of 8Ds, in a timely manner, and prior to distribution to customers
- Work in conjunction with site supply chain team to resolve Supplier corrective actions (SCAR) including occasional supplier audits as necessary
- Assist in the execution of ECR’s and the root cause of NCR’s
- Help drive Quality Improvements Plans (QIPs) and provide updates to senior leadership team as needed
- Represent site on monthly Quality Network calls and communicate any pertinent information to site lead team
- Foster and contribute actions toward employee engagement
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Black belt certified or willingness to certify within first 3 years in role
- Multiple years’ experience working as a Quality Engineer utilizing common APQP tools such as PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and Process Capability Analysis
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Suite and Minitab
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.