Strategic Marketing Director
This company innovates and produces fiber and technology solutions for the Apparel and Hygiene industries, as well as specialty chemicals used in their products. This company is recognized worldwide for its innovative products, technical expertise, and unmatched marketing support. The company owns multiple international brands. This company is focused on adding value to its customers’ products by developing unique innovations designed to meet the consumer’s need for comfort and lasting performance. Relocation is required and it is to a fantastic area. Relocation assistance provided along with full benefits plan and bonus opportunity.
We are looking for two people to fill two roles for a Strategic Marketing Director. One is for Denim and Ready to Wear and the other one is Active, Intimate and Swim. This person will support the execution of Company’s vision in each of the categories. This role is responsible for the development, planning and strategic marketing of the Company’s product portfolio for each of these segments.
Accountable for leading the category’s innovation process in response to market insights and retail opportunities or pain points, the Strategic Marketing Director will guide the technology team to deliver a pipeline of industry leading products and platforms for Brands and Retailers. This includes managing the products and platforms in the portfolio throughout their product life cycle from ideation, to commercialization, reinforcement and enhancement.
This role will also provide leadership to the Product Marketing and Merchandising team who will be accountable to develop the commercialization plan including asset plans, launch tools and tactics.
Finally, the Strategic Marketing Director will work in close collaboration with the Commercial organization to ensure revenue, profitability and customer loyalty (specification) goals are achieved in support of the company’s overall strategy and objectives.
The Strategic Marketing Director is expected to:
• Drive innovative garment solutions in collaboration with the technology team and define the long-term product, portfolio strategy for the category. Gather and prioritize market point of view, identify customer requirements and define the vision and strategy for the category to accelerate adoption of our offerings with Brand and Retailers
• Act as an ambassador and influencer for the Company for the category at industry events, panel discussions, trade associations, and strategic meetings with Brands and Retailers
• Based on strategic marketing insights, lead the innovation process, prioritizing the pipeline of innovative solutions and offerings for the product line. Leverage this capability internally to train
commercial teams to improve the value selling capability
• Manage third parties to lead market research, develop point of view and assess partnership opportunities
• Lead the Product Marketing and Merchandising team to develop the commercialization plan for new products and platforms, including:
o The development of strategic positioning / messaging for products and platforms and the development of selling tools and collateral
o Working with the Brand Communications team to manage promotional content development and brand strategy
o Working with the asset team to manage production plans
• Propose annual promotional budget and plans to support the category growth plans.
• Collaborate with the Commercial team to develop and maintain pricing strategies to meet business revenue and profitability goals
• Act as a leader within the company
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Product or Category Manager in the Apparel or Textile industry, with a demonstrated track record of delivering strategic marketing innovations / ideas
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational certification in a relevant field (textiles, business, engineering, sciences, marketing or product development)
• Demonstrated success defining and launching industry leading products
• Ability to manage multiple business priorities simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in and lead a small team
• Proven ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Experience working with Asia Pacific markets or supply chains
• Flexibility to travel frequently to key markets, sourcing regions
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.