We are working with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Woven and Nonwoven Geosynthetic fabrics. They are privately held with revenues over $180MM+ in the U.S. and another $300 MM+ among their other 6 manufacturing plants internationally. They’re very stable, have extremely low turnover and are very loyal to their employees. They have an experienced team in place that are very supportive and is a fantastic company to work for. Location is 1 hour NE of Atlanta.
Calculate and maintain standard manufacturing costs for products produced at the facility. Aid the Operations team in understanding and improving financial performance through analyses and scenario planning. Support the closing process as it relates to operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Calculate and maintain all standard costs for the plant
• Calculate estimated costs for all Jefferson product development products
• Attend daily manufacturing morning meetings. Lead the weekly operating report review and monthly financial report review
• Proactively review operating and financial variance reports to identify areas of opportunity for improvement in operations and communicate with manufacturing team
• Provide reports and data to manufacturing department heads to assist them in managing their department expenses (including, but not limited to spending reports, operating reports, and variance
• Lead and support daily financial training needs for the manufacturing team, including formal presentations for offsite meetings
• Help prioritize improvement projects by quantifying potential returns
• Aid in closing process by preparation of relevant journal entries for the plant, review of manufacturing variance reports for accuracy and providing summary analyses of relevant variances and plant results
• Reconcile raw material & WIP inventory accounts to perpetual at period end
• Create and maintain slides for the manufacturing portion of the quarterly management review
• Prepare fiscal year Jefferson manufacturing budget package
• Provide Jefferson manufacturing variance forecast, as needed
• Facilitate, calculate and maintain data for CIP reporting for Jefferson operations
• Assist operations in analysis of current performance and variance from standard/previous performance
• Prepare financial justification for projects and track achievement of approved savings
• Lead year-end physical inventories at plant and work with auditor(s) in review of the counts
• Constant analysis of the operations looking for trends that need to be addressed or have new potential for a positive financial impact
• Reports to (Position): Cost Accounting Manager
• Directly Supervises (Position): N/A
Specifications of The Position:
• Minimum education required: Accounting Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum experience required: Five years accounting in manufacturing setting
• Description of working conditions/physical surroundings: Office
• Shift work: 8-hour shift Monday – Friday. Overtime as needed
• Contacts required inside or outside the Company: Works closely with all Manufacturing Managers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.