Our client is seeking an experienced Fabric Technologist to manage Fabric Development projects, provide administrative and technical support to the Director of Textiles and Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in managing fabric commercialization process, including coordination with Production and/or Commercialization Manager, sending fabric for testing, creation of specification sheets, and making of benchmarks
• Performs daily reviews of fabric development projects, and reviews data for trends and issues
• Places/processes R&D paperwork, including Purchase Orders, part numbers, related documents
• Assists Testing Manager in preparing and tracking fabric samples for R&D testing
• Coordinates in-house R&D fabric/yardage inventory
• Processes and coordinates inbound R&D fabric samples, including obtaining and recording data in appropriate database
• Coordinates fabric movements to and from third parties for R&D trials
• Assists with Quality Assurance Program relating to R&D projects
• Generates, monitors, and distributes reports regarding R&D activity as directed
• Maintains detailed records, documents, and files for R&D projects, including fabric development files, sample archives, R&D sample evaluations, and inventory of R&D fabric trials
• Performs all duties in accordance with Company’s Quality Management System
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Textiles, or equivalent education or experience (Supply Chain or Color Science focus preferred)
• A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in textile development (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
• Knowledge of textile manufacturing processes and technical fabric characteristics
• Strong creative problem-solving and analytical skills, with a good understanding of statistical analysis
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to organize and effectively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Team-player orientation
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including strong presentation skills
• Ability to build relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, MRP/ERP systems, testing systems, Adobe Acrobat)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.