Our client is looking for a Textile Artist that will work closely with the Creative Director and design team to bring the collection from concept to reality and guidance through fabric development. Great benefits and ability to work from home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extensive knowledge in textile print repeats from purchased or newly created artwork
• Knowledge of photo editing from editorial and web assets
• Knowledge of creating look books for marketing and brand production on InDesign
• Develop new and original prints for each delivery under the direction of the designer
• Collaborate with apparel Design Team and Merchants to ensure that brand appropriate and trend right artwork is created for the benefit of the brand
• Ensure all artwork packages are completed and sent in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications:
• Be able to understand, conceptualize and execute multiple brands of art related to product line
• Build and maintain rapport and creative partnership with designated Design team from concept to adoption of printed developments
• Understand the color sensibility, esthetics of our Brand and be able to conceptualize in art form layout and repeat
• Be able to multitask multiple projects
• Execute all print designs, engineered placement programs for best yield and production printability
• Prepare repeats and pitch sheets for and import production
• Prior experience working in photo editing
• Possess technical expertise in fabric printing, yarn dye fabrics, embroidery and embellishment techniques relative to factory execution
• Responsible for re-coloring existing prints for production while working with the design team and merchant team to ensure accuracy
• Knowledgeable in both Photoshop, illustrator InDesign programs (MAC savvy)
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Education and/or Experience:
• 4-year Degree (Textile Design preferred) or equivalent industry experience
• 5-7 years’ experience in apparel textile design
• Broad knowledge of all printing techniques and fabrics qualities
• Ability to work independently
• Self-motivated and skilled at handling multiple projects at the same time
• Attention to detail, highly organized, good work ethic, lots of energy and great attitude
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.