Senior Product Development Engineer/Scientist
Our client produces natural fibers and roll goods with the technical and performance requirements for a wide variety of nonwoven applications. They are a global engineering company and are expanding their presence in the US.
We have a great new opportunity in product development and R&D for a Product Development Engineer / Scientist to join a startup branch of this very successful global company. Markets they serve are personal care, household and industrial. This is a single contributor role to start with huge upside for growth! Base salary, bonus opportunity and stock options! Come big a big fish in a small pond and watch your career take off! For ideal candidate remote office option in the Southeast or may office out of their Southeast corporate office.
Responsible for leading fiber product development efforts from idea through commercialization. This includes idea and concept generation, scale-up from pilot to commercial trials, qualification, testing, and documentation. The role will interface with many functions internally and externally throughout the global supply chain.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop detailed product development and commercialization plans for approved projects addressing Business Development priorities
• Collaborate with internal and external partners, suppliers, and customers to advance BFT product development objectives
• Through research, literature, and trend analysis, assist in developing and maintaining the Product and Innovation Portfolio to assist with current and future efforts
• As concepts move to commercialization, plan, organize, execute fiber and fabric internal/external pilot and commercial scale trials and post-trial testing, analysis, and reporting
• With the Quality Control and Regulatory Affairs Manager, establish raw material and fiber specifications for new and improved products to ensure QA standards are met internally and
• Develop bench and performance tests to aid research, product development, QA, and marketing efforts
• Maintain knowledge and skill in current fibre/nonwoven technologies and develop new knowledge and skills in emerging technology trends relevant to BFT’s focus areas
• Working with Operations, ensure that products can be manufactured on internal and partner’s equipment
• BS in Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Textiles, Chemistry or related is required
Experience & Requirements:
• 5+ years working experience in fiber, materials, or product development, preferably in textiles, nonwovens, or nonwovens based wipes, industrial / personal care products with demonstrated
success delivering results
• Strong knowledge of textiles, nonwovens, fibers, and processes used to manufacture including forming and bonding
• Strong knowledge of additives and surface treatments for fibers
• Excellent planning, project management skills and ability to advance multiple projects in parallel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in English
• Strong attention to detail is necessary
• Organized and able to multi-task and work independently
• Motivated, energetic, driven work ethic with high level of integrity
• Some business-related travel, including international, will be required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.