Senior Sales Manager
This company is relatively new to the marketplace and they are doing very well. They have built a second plant and are getting ready to add a 4th line. They make Recycled Staple Fibers. They have a great team in place and are looking to add to their Sales team. Full benefits. No need to relocate.
We are looking for an experienced Sales person that knows the Non-Woven marketplace. This person will be selling recycled fibers into the Non-Woven Market place. A background selling recycled fibers is a plus, but not a must. Location in the SE is preferred, since most of your customers will be in this area. This role will be about Hunting. Need someone that is out there doing business development. Having a history calling on the NW marketplace is crucial.
Senior Sales Manager will work with Sales Director in developing new programs and consistently steering sales portfolio to profitable opportunities. They will also assist in maintaining current accounts and advise for any improvements necessary to keep good standing relationships with the customers. They will also be responsible for overseeing newly hired sales member(s) and take part in training them
unless hired individual is a veteran in the marketplace.
The Senior Manager will also engage in purchasing other goods that enhances or complements sales of company’s fiber products as well as purchasing some raw material in the marketplace for productions use. They shall also explore, in purchasing, opportunities that add sustainability partnership with customer and vendor creating positive narrative of circular economy. Lastly, they will initially visit the plant weekly to get settled in and to work closely with core members of company in development of adding new production line 4. Visitation will transition to minimum of bi-weekly. Lastly, they will report directly to COO.
• Seek for new programs (new customers) to fill sales for coming Production line 4
• Investigate programs that are profitable & beneficial for Minority owned business
• Based on support from Production, openly develop “special programs” that allows company to further engage into specialty products
• For mid-term to long term development, conduct sourcing low melt, shoddy, and raw materials. That said, international sales and trade operation can be explored and expanded
• Consistently monitor company’s overall sales portfolio to ensure successful and secure growth trajectory
• Refine and upgrade sales forecast model following closely of market prices. It shall display per portfolio item the pros (reward) & con (risk) factors. (hypothetical risk example: Company in more
than 40% automotive portfolio as of today, while supply chain issues from uncontrollable forces cutting car production, this poses big sales risk):
o Carefully identify and categorize each program into specific industry with cyclical & secular information that will help communicate to the team of the movements (or swings) in sales portfolio throughout the year or longer timeframe
o Make effort to monitor portfolio diversification & sizing of each program in accordance with sales forecast. Keep in mind the ability/capacity of production to follow sale’s lead and maintain
• Take part in month-end-close meeting where we have an overview of previous month’s total purchasing/sales activity. Share ideas, concerns, and discuss general informative sales topics with the
Customer Profiling (informational data asset most valuable to the company):
• Investigate thoroughly of each customer’s background, business model, technical data (details), and their specific need to refine/update current profile per customer. This plays critical part in aiding production’s important scheduling & planning decisions
• Communicate in timely manner of the changes/updates to customer profile due to alterations in customer’s side of the business opportunities. Keep up with such info digitally to be shared with the team which creates fluid & dynamic communication environment
Lead Sales Team:
• With digital live information ‘sharing’ culture, be constantly connected and communicate with the team
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of important industry events, political moves, and lead sales into profitable trends
• Take part in managing the development of sales team for future growth of company’s internal sales force to handle all sales activity internally. This does not mean we will limit ‘trading’ of what we
produce. However, use of broker’s channel will become obsolete unless certain unbreakable legal ‘binding’ is set in place
• Assist in creating (if missing) or make changes to appropriate sale policies & procedures as sales team morphs into maturity. It shall reflect and adapt according to industry standards & trends
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.