Textile Engineering Specialist
This Company has diverse and dynamic history in the product development consultancy space. Our business has seen rapid and sustained growth in medical, industrial, and consumer wearables markets. We are looking for specialized engineering talent to help us grow and discover new development opportunities while remaining grounded in manufacturing realities. Come enjoy a collaborative work environment, where you’ll experience a diverse range of projects in a flat structured organization!
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Relocation package available
• Priority Designs is an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) organization
• Enjoy a wide range projects, from medical wearables to industrial protective gear to high performance sporting goods
• Clients can range from Fortune 500 companies to qualified entrepreneurs
• Explore and develop state of the art solutions combining digital knit, hard goods, electronics, soft goods, and more
• Thrive professionally by being surrounded by like-minded yet diverse colleagues. We have a flat organization structure of 65+ people, composed of Designers, Engineers, Researchers, and Prototyping Specialists all with a common love of problem solving
• Located in OH, in a city that has traditional Midwest charm, we offer 50,000sq/ft of studio/shop/office space under one roof to apply your craft. Our in-house prototyping shop and engineering labs showcase our passion for a hands-on development process to make great products (a true maker’s paradise)
• Office dog affection and Nerf dart wars should be expected
To support and grow PD’s Softgood/Textile capabilities by:
• Demonstrating strong technical/engineering fundamentals backed up with proven industry manufacturing knowledge and experience
• Working closely with the soft goods design team (designers, business development, researchers, prototypers) in the design/development process, from initial conceptualization to sampling to manufacturing transition
• Being a subject matter expert to help our clients determine the best path for refinement
• Leveraging past industry experience to assure PD’s capabilities match industry expectations
• Demonstrate broad awareness and creative execution of materials, construction techniques, and manufacturing processes
Specific Job Duties/Skills:
• Experience in molding/welding surrounding hard and soft goods integration such as: Seam taping/sealing, seamless bonding, Ultrasonic welding, RF/HF welding, compression molding, and/or
• Knowledge of traditional plastic molding techniques or CAD software (SolidWorks, Creo, ProE).
• Participate in and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
• Creatively problem solve while iterating samples with internal/external team.
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence and sensitivity to 3D shaping.
• Communicate with internal/external team using strong communication skills (visual and verbal):
o Working knowledge of Adobe Suite Programs (Illustrator and InDesign) a plus
• Mentor colleagues
• Interface directly with clients to:
o Represent PD’s soft goods, molding/welding, and knitting capabilities
o Understand project requirements in context of a consulting environment
o Develop Statement of Work/Proposals that meet client’s product needs
o Manage client expectations with respect to scope/time/cost of identified solutions
o Translate client’s design intent into 3D product
• Execute Project Management activities such as:
o Manage internal development team activities to achieve goals
o Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver on time and within budget
• Material Science knowledge a plus
• Knit Experience a plus:
o Knowledge of basic digital knitting (STOLL (ADF 32 W Flat Bed Knitting) machine utilizing STOLL M1Plus Software)
o Translate 2D design sketches into 3D knit samples by applying a deep knowledge of industry standard knit structures, construction, patterning, yarn specification, and vendor coordination
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Textile Science/Design, Fashion, Textile Engineer, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field (foreign equivalent accepted)
• 7+ years in related field
• Proven experience launching commercially available products
• Experience working in performance apparel, footwear, soft goods, consumer products, medical wearable and/or related industries
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Fluent in English (English as 2nd language acceptable)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.