We are working with a multi-billion $ corporation expanding in North America. They are the dominant global supplier to the retail and hospitality market for textiles and are looking for a Plant Manager in their new 300K sq. foot facility in Ohio. This person will be able to grow with the company to be over multiple sites/be the head of all North America Manufacturing. The company is offering a very competitive base salary, bonus, full benefits – including 401K match, relocation assistance, etc. This position will report to the COO.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Plant Manager to support startup and oversee our OH facility operations related to warehousing & distribution, home textile (bedding/pillows/towels/sheeting, nonwoven, etc. experience is a plus) manufacturing, maintenance, and safety.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of our plant operations, ensuring efficient production, exceptional customer service, and a safe working environment. As a Plant Manager, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the startup of OH facility, optimizing processes, driving continuous improvement initiatives, and fostering a culture of excellence within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules may be subject to change in order to meet company needs and business requirements
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and ongoing management of several teams and positions as outlined below. May have direct responsibility of one or more functions outlined and manage other through team leads:
- Warehousing, Distribution, and Inventory Control
- Warehouse operators will be responsible for functions such as receiving, inventory management, order fulfillment, and shipping. Maintain on-time shipping, receiving and inventory accuracy metrics
- Collaboration with Forecasting & Planning to understand inventory levels to meet customer demand while minimizing carrying costs and stockouts
- Implement efficient storage and organization systems to enhance operational efficiency and inventory accuracy
- Collaborate with Transportation to ensure timely and cost-effective transportation of goods
- Manufacturing Operations:
- Oversee the manufacturing processes and ensure the timely production of high-quality pillows, adhering to established standards and specifications. Maintain manufacturing productivity and quality KPIs
- Develop and implement production schedules, ensuring optimal resource allocation and efficient workflow
- Monitor production output, analyze performance metrics, and implement corrective actions to improve productivity, reduce waste, and minimize downtime
- Source and purchase domestic materials necessary for weekly production schedule in partnership with F&P on internationally sourced items
- Develop and execute preventive maintenance programs to ensure the optimal performance of equipment and machinery. Maintain overall equipment effectiveness KPI
- Coordinate with maintenance staff and external vendors to address equipment breakdowns and minimize downtime
- Implement sound engineering practices to enhance production efficiency and reduce costs
- General operations/office administration: General facilities and operations administration functions such as:
- Reception duties
- Administrative support to plant manager (scheduling meetings & interviews, inbound/outbound calling, emails, scanning, printing, filing, reporting, etc.)
- Administrative support
- Non-inventory supply ordering and management
- Office equipment management
- Common space management (training rooms, conference rooms, etc.)
- Responsible for adopting corporate health and safety policies into facility and championing site specific initiatives in partnership with Human Capital. Plant manager will be expected to partner by:
- Promoting a robust safety culture, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards
- Conducting regular safety audits, risk assessments, and incident investigations to identify and mitigate potential hazards
- Developing and delivering safety training programs to promote awareness and ensure adherence to safety protocols
- Additional duties as requested by management
Accountability, Authority, & Responsibility:
- This position will have multiple team lead reporting into it
- Will be accountable for all plant operations & personnel
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations management, or a related field is highly preferred though relevant working experience equivalent will be considered. A Master’s degree is a plus
- Proven experience as a Plant Manager or in a similar leadership role within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the textile or consumer goods industry
- Experience in warehousing and distribution operations servicing wholesale and direct-to-consumer business
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, warehouse management, customer service, maintenance, and safety practices
- Demonstrated ability to optimize operations, improve productivity, and implement lean manufacturing principles. Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Home textile (bedding/pillows/towels/sheeting) and nonwoven manufacturing experience is a plus
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve operational excellence
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a data-driven approach
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across different levels of the organization
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements and quality management systems
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.