Our client is a well-respected, 100-year-old Apparel Company. We are searching for a Garment Technician to ensure that the expectations of the customer are met by liaising with the relevant Account Manager and Design department providing support through all stages of product development from initial concept to manufacture, ensuring that all garments are fit for purpose, meet required quality and safety standards and are delivered on time.
This position is located in Ohio and we are looking for a local candidate.
Experience and skills:
- A candidate with a minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience in Apparel Product Development would be a great fit for this role
- Experience in PLM systems and Illustrator
- Multi Garment experience
- Experience travelling to offshore manufactures
- Good problem solver and decision maker
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good Teamwork Skills
- Liaise with Design, Pattern and Sample facility on first fit samples, providing technical support to ensure garments are as required design brief, fit and quality standard
- Carry out a full risk assessment on new designs with the designer before initiating the sample development process from initial concept development through to production
- Provide guidance and technical support to Sample departments and manufacturing units throughout the development and production process to ensure products are fit for purpose and meet required quality and safety standards
- Liaise with manufacturing units utilizing their product expertise adapting design to suit the production methods throughout development process to achieve the best production methods and maintaining the cost and integrity of the design encouraging continual improvement and providing technical input
- Attend project meetings as and when required providing technical support and updates on development status
- Responsible for generating detailed specification within PLM system, and maintaining them through fit approval and factory counter sample review. Specifications to include measurements, construction details, fabric & trim components. Communicate detailed information / feedback to all relevant departments
- Organize and conduct fit sessions with Design on fit models, take detailed notes, update specification with fit comments and communicate pattern revisions to patternmaker, ensure all garments are measure and evaluate all samples submitted according to specification before fitting
- Deal promptly with all specification queries from manufacturers ensuring all details are recorded, kept updated and relayed back to factories within the agreed time scales maintaining the critical path
- Manage size standards across all genders, for all product categories, establishing and maintaining fit and size standards for the brand
- Carry out thorough project pre-production hand over meeting with the factories to ensure all specification, patterns, trim cards and blue seal samples are in place prior to the start of production
- Sign off first deliveries of new rollouts into the warehouse by setting and agreeing quality standards of delivered stock with the QC teams
- Attend weekly departmental update meetings to prioritize workload, discuss and report exceptions to rolls outs of specific accounts. Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure fabrics, dyeing, printing, embroideries and any other embellishments or trims meet approved standards before production is launched
- Adhere to and drive the critical path requirement by maintaining tasks in vision
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.