Director of Sourcing and Procurement
Our client is a leading filtration company that specializes in customized and highly engineered filter and filtration media solutions. With an experienced and proven team as well as a wide range of design and engineering services, they thrive to provide OEM customers a rapid response and the best solution in the areas of woven and nonwoven media. With a new current expansion, they will continue to support the strong growth of their business.
We have an exciting new search for an experienced Director of Sourcing and Procurement. You will be responsible to develop and execute short and long term strategies with input from key stakeholders to facilitate improvements to the sourcing and procurement function. You will oversee sourcing and procurement activities, processes, and policies that support key business objectives. This role is basically focused on two main objectives to strengthen the Sourcing/Procurement team. This role offers a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity and relocation assistance!
Relationship building with multiple suppliers and customers – our client has thousands of SKUs working with numerous OEMs.
Sourcing with a “hunter mentality” – maintain current products while also looking for new/future products and building new pipelines. You will need to be well connected to both suppliers and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure sustainability, cost, quality, and delivery targets are met
- Determine and track appropriate metrics to measure function performance against objectives
- Provide vision, strategy, and direction to the sourcing and procurement team on how to balance competing priorities and best manage requests from the business
- Identify and execute against areas for improvement to continually drive performance and results
- Responsible for adherence/enforcement of all company Safety and Quality policies
- Establish a repeatable playbook for sourcing and maintaining vendor relationships that is aligned with our Company goals and areas of focus
- Build a seamless and scalable process to review, evaluate and onboard suppliers
- Proactively partner with business leaders to build and execute supplier strategies that are aligned with their priorities
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges, make improvements and support growth initiatives
- Facilitate and lead negotiations with suppliers
- Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Lead transformational systems projects to implement automated procurement processes (i.e., MRP, PO tracking and status updates, etc.)
- Develop and manage guidelines, policies, procedures, and a strategy for tools to bring automation and efficiency
- Lead change management, stakeholder management, training, and continuous improvement efforts
Qualifications/Competency: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Experience with sourcing and procurement, and modern procurement practices and systems
- Work history includes sourcing/procuring nonwoven products using technologies such as: spunbond, meltblown, wetlaid, spunlace, hydroentangled, wetlaid, airlaid, etc.
- Converting or filtration/filter manufacturing experience huge plus!
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills, with willingness and ability to direct and contribute to the work of the team
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, and communication skills
- Solid understanding of business goals and aptitude for strategic thinking
- High degree of personal and professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility and is open to change in a rapidly evolving environment
- Consistently demonstrates initiative, and willing and able to take on responsibility
- Able to work well with cross-functional colleagues to establish a working relationship of trust and rapport with colleagues at all levels
- Thrives in a fast paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or other related field preferred
- 10+ years of related experience, with 3+ years of supervisory experience
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.