Director of Manufacturing
Our client is a family-owned medium-sized manufacturer, providing feather and synthetic fiber-filled bedding products to the US market. They have a close team and recently experienced strong revenue growth, resulting in expansion of their work force over the past 5 years. Every day, their products provide warmth and relaxation to people around the world.
We are searching for a Director of Manufacturing who will report initially to the Vice President of Operations. This position will oversee planning and coordination of manufacturing activities, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Consults with and oversees work tasks of the Production Manager and his direct reports: the Scheduler, Production Supervisors, Prep Manager, and Shipping Manager
- Consults with and oversees work tasks of the Quality Manager and their direct reports
- Facilitates constructive and timely performance consultations, to set workable performance targets on the production floor
- Provides constructive and timely consultations to the Production Scheduler as needed
- Champions workplace health and safety, respecting applicable rules and regulations such as promulgated by OSHA and/or other agencies
- Coordinates health & safety training programs for all necessary staff, in consultation with senior management and the HR Manager
- Champions diversity
- Provides leadership that supports the culture and values
- Production Manager
- Quality Manager
- Possible future 3PL Manager
- Coordinates and helps implement the strategic direction and “quantitative/qualitative” metrics of the organization’s operations division in collaboration with the company’s executive leadership, and communicates these to the Manufacturing Team
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals and metrics while supplying expertise and guidance on manufacturing projects and systems
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials
- Helps ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision
- Recommends, communicates, and implements manufacturing-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution
- With the VP Operations, reviews cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects
- With VP Operations, executes periodic performance reports with the Manufacturing Team
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided, specifically providing expertise for OSHA safety and health rules and associated training
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of related experience and accomplishments or accolades including three years in middle management required
- Work history includes management leadership in the manufacturing of feather/down and synthetic fiber into the bedding industry
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.