Project Planner/Estimator – Hospitality Interiors, flooring
We are working with a growing, well-established (over 80 years), global, environmentally responsible, technologically advanced, and fully vertical manufacturer of high-quality luxury carpet and rugs for the home and commercial sectors (including the world’s leading hotels, casinos, and cruise ships).
The company is looking for a Project Planner in their Greater Atlanta Georgia office (just northwest of Atlanta). This position offers a competitive base salary, great benefits, 3 weeks of vacation to start, and relocation assistance for the right candidate to join their growing team. The position reports to the Operations Manager along with 5 other Project Planners.
Ideal candidates would be Project Planner, Planner, Estimator, Project Coordinator, Interior Designer, AutoCAD Technician etc. Several people on the team are former Interior Designers. Must have strong AutoCAD skills. Ideal experience with flooring, wall covering, interiors, Architectural, A&D, etc. but open to other backgrounds.
- This person is responsible for calculating quantities and roll placements from drawings sent by the custom sales team. The objective is to plan projects as efficiently as possible, considering weaving widths available from the factory, design intent, and customer requirements for the final installation
- The project planner is also responsible for assisting other departments in tracking and coordinating all aspects of the project to ensure a timely completion. Once a contract is secured and all designs developed, the project planner is responsible to review all final project information and prepare it to be processed by all other internal departments & installed successfully
- Read and understand architectural drawings. Use AutoCAD to efficiently plan and quantify custom carpet with regards to best weaving width, pile direction, and layout. Consider design intent, traffic flow, and installation requirements
- Use Autocad & Excel software to prepare shop drawings, such as: extents diagrams, flood diagrams, and installation diagrams for customer approval, design completion, Warehouse checking, and final installation
- Compile project data for other departments for orders to be processed (control sheets)
- Travel to on-site locations throughout North America and Internationally to take site measurements as required, periodically with short notice
- Create tolerance controlled .Des files for design department (as required)
- Liaise with design and sales teams to ensure that the client’s expectations can be achieved within the technical capabilities of our product
- Use proper filing systems to maintain project drawing archives & to accurately track time spent on each project
- Record and reserve copies of all revised information for a project, keeping the project file, plans, and project computer files in chronological order
- Work with limited supervision to manage assigned projects, prioritizing and working to deadlines as appropriate
- Coordinate any changes, additions, or developments that relate to a completed project with the customer, project designer, and field sales executive by correctly revising the estimated quote report, AutoCAD carpet installation drawings, manufacturing layouts, distributing all the revised materials to the appropriate people
- Identify, research, and resolve project application concerns and technical difficulties with the client, project designer, and carpet installer
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field
- Advanced experience with AutoCAD/REVIT (AutoCAD 2019 or higher)
- Experience creating construction documents including finish plans
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of flooring materials and installation procedures
- Ability to apply geometric concepts needed to scale and measure plans
- 3+ years Hospitality Interiors experience
- Flooring estimating experience
- 3DS MAX/Sketchup or other rendering software knowledge
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.