We are working with a growing, US owned, 50+ year Textile Manufacturer has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly produce yarn, upholstery, and industrial textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. Quality company with Quality people and solid benefits. The company has an opening for a Shift Manager in their northwestern South Carolina facility where they produce for their market-leading and globally recognized brands/products. This position will report to the Plant Manager and will have 2 Section Leaders as direct reports with 60-65 frontline associates. This is a 12-hour night shift position (7PM – 7AM) with every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
Manage assigned shift to achieve optimum results in terms of Safety, Quality, and Productivity and to maintain good associate relations in the work environment.
- Lead the pro-active Safety efforts of the shift including completion of monthly Power of 3 Observations, regular Safety meetings, semi-annual observation requirements, and promotion of BBS and VPP Safety programs
- This in addition to assuring full compliance of safety policies and procedures for all team members
- Achieve production goals as determined by the PLAN on shift and in each process area (Carding, Spinning, Twisting) and supporting for the full Yarn Plant
- This is expected using motivation, communication, feedback, planning, and removing obstacles
- Support development and retention efforts regarding shift members while maintaining order and effecting change through progressive discipline
- Quality – contain
- Maintain required documentation and assignments including training, communications, Inventory scheduling and counting, and prompt, accurate reporting of required data
- Minimum of a 2-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred or relevant experience
- Experience in all phases of yarn manufacturing process preferred
- Minimum of 1 year Leadership in a work environment, more preferred
- Key Skills:
- Conceptional understand and technical knowledge of the manufacturing process from Opening through Twisting
- Communication skills – verbal, written, computer
- Team leadership and team problem solving skills
- Computer and math skills – input of data, Excel, Jomar, inventory audit and accounting, graph interpretation
- Ability to adapt to quick change in the fast-paced manufacturing environment
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.