Product Development Manager
We are working with a growing, US owned, 140+ year Textile Manufacturer with multiple sites across the North America, Europe, and Asia. They mostly produce yarn, upholstery, and industrial textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. Quality company with Quality people and solid benefits. The company has an opening for a Product Development Manager in one of their larger (1M sq. ft.) facilities located in north western South Carolina (may also consider north central North Carolina location as well) that produces products for their market-leading and globally recognized brand/products. This position reports to the head of Product Development R&D.
This position is part of an engineering team responsible for new product development and sustaining product engineering for their custom fabrics division. Primary responsibilities will include the development of new products through a Stage-Gate process. The focus for this position will be centered in the development of new raw materials and finished products in core fabric markets (Industrial/Shade, Upholstery, & Window fabrics). This is a key engineering role for driving sales and profitability in the noted market segments and the overall business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new fibers, yarns, and fabric constructions for all business segments
- Collaborate with cross-functional team including marketing, design, manufacturing, planning, and purchasing
- Lead development trials internally as well as with outside manufacturing partners
- Ensure new products meet specifications
- Report on testing performance, statistical quality, and profitability for product launches
- Generate product prototypes and perform product testing for internal evaluation as well as for customer and consumer testing/feedback
- Develop cost analyses for new product concepts from design through production launch
- Complete technical and financial evaluations of competitive products
- Vet new processes and technologies
- Use analytical instrumentation (SEM, FTIR, microscopy) & lab processing equipment to support new R&D, competitive analysis, and customer service needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Textiles, Engineering, Chemistry, or the other hard sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in textiles, preferably with some experience in product development, fiber, yarn & fabric manufacturing & finishing
- Rayon experience is helpful
- Strong background in textile science & chemistry, project management, statistical analysis, organic & polymer chemistry
- Travel will be required (typically 20% or less)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make professional presentations
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.