Fabric Quality Engineer
We are working with a growing, US owned, 50+ year Textile Manufacturer that has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly produce yarn, upholstery, and industrial textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. Quality company with Quality people and solid benefits. The company has an opening for a Fabric Quality Engineer in their northwestern South Carolina facility where they produce for their market-leading and globally recognized brands/products. This position will report to the Fabric Plant Manager.
Coordinate and direct all quality improvement efforts, performance tracking and lab operations in the Fabric Plant. This includes the safety performance and direction of lab personnel as well as the proficiency of lab operations. Work with the quality group to process any goods that hit any quality triggers and follow up on investigations and root cause analysis.
- Direct and lead lab personnel in accordance with plant and company procedures
- Ensure the proficiency and accuracy of lab results
- Work with the quality group to adhere to ISO 17025 standards
- Lead quality improvement efforts and provide data support to manufacturing managers
- Work with the quality group to process fabric that hits quality limits and work to determine root cause for quality issues
- Maintain the quality performance metrics for the Fabric plant
- A Bachelor’s degree is required along with relevant experience
- A degree in Textile Chemistry or Textile, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience is required; experience in a finishing operation is preferred
- ISO 9001/14001/17025 experience preferred
- Previous management experience with hourly and/or salaried personnel is preferred
- Key Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong data analysis and statistical skills required
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and the ability to translate this analysis into action is required
- Ability to effectively motivate and direct teams with varying backgrounds
- Ability to manage input from multiple stakeholders to develop the most effective path forward for the department
- Ability to coordinate and support resources that don’t directly report to this position
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.