We are working with a growing, 20+ year, innovative and environmentally sound provider of commission dyeing and finishing services including fabric package sales. The company is located in NW South Carolina and provides services for circular/warp knits and woven fabrics for the apparel, industrial, automotive, military, medical, aerospace, home textiles, and filtration markets. Due to an upcoming retirement and an internal promotion, the company is looking for 2 Shift Supervisors for 1st and 2nd shift. While textile and dyeing/finishing experience would be great, the company is open to any background with some leadership experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. The company offers a competitive salary, full benefits, and up to 3 weeks of paid training.
Job Purpose: To provide our customers with the best quality dyed fabric in the most efficient way possible with limited errors.
The objective of the Piece Dye Supervisor requires that he/she perform the following tasks routinely and daily with the highest possible efficiency and accuracy:
- Provide leadership to employees and be knowledgeable of the processes and equipment selected to supervise
- Be knowledgeable of the flow of production through the area in order to ensure the upmost efficiency
- Complete the necessary paperwork for production and Human Resources (counseling records, attendance cards, evaluations, report job openings, etc.)
- Monitor all jobs in piece dye area and perform quality checks consistently during the shift to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Communicate pertinent information that will enable operators to perform their jobs in a way that produces good morale, meets production goals, and produces good quality
- Handle difficult employee problems effectively using the guidelines and policies provided by HR
- Stress the importance of safety and safety training on a day-to-day basis with employees
- Read and evaluate shades on a spectrophotometer
- Make corrective additions of dyes/chemicals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or higher education preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to communicate well with operators and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situation with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.