80+ year diverse and growing manufacturer in the textile industry located in Northern Rhode Island on the border of Massachusetts. Serving the Military, Institutional, Recreational, Correctional, Non-Profit, Industrial, Equestrian, Automotive, Acoustical and Thermal Insulation, Agricultural, mattress/Furniture, Under-Carpet, Apparel, and Sporting Goods industries with woolen and synthetic products made from virgin and recycled materials. Fiber to finished goods manufacturer with multiple locations and divisions.
In addition to a competitive salary, the company also offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes health, dental, HRA, FSA, 401(K), wellness initiatives, training opportunities, vacation time, holidays, employee social events and sick days. In addition, they provide performance incentives and a stable, family work environment.
The Process Engineer will assist Manufacturing Engineering and the Director of Advanced Engineering in the Development, configuration and optimization of industrial processes from inception through to startup, insuring consistency and high quality in the manufacturing of all products.
Functions & Responsibilities:
• Develop a thorough understanding of all manufacturing processes and products
• Assist in specifying equipment and process requirements for the development of new products or product improvement
• Assess processes for efficiency and product quality by developing and analyzing statistical data to determine improvement parameters
• Serve as the primary quality assurance resource for problem identification, resolution and continuous improvement
• Coordinate resolution of technical and process problems and technical modifications
• Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
• Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodologies, quality plans documents and reports
• Assist in manufacturing productivity and quality improvements on the production floor
• Participate in closure of process deviations, investigations, and corrective actions to prevent recurrent deviations
• Provide process documentation and operating instructions/SOPs
• Assist in Development of Process/Methods/Manufacturing documentation
• Research, conduct and test trials and sample runs; documenting results
• Works with Safety Manager to ensure proper safety set-up and safeguards for all new equipment
• Develops project plans and manages projects from inception to completion
Secondary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses
• Work with the plant support to participate in Kaizen projects. This includes project selection, justification, planning, training, execution, and project reporting
• Work closely with Continuous Improvement Manager in support of CI initiatives
• Other tasks and responsibilities as directed by management
• Keep abreast of changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies that effect production
• Support Lean Manufacturing, 5S, safe work practices and other Company initiatives
• BS Degree in Engineering, Textile Engineering preferred
• 5-8 years’ experience with Needle-punch and/or Carding manufacturing
• Experience implementing process and quality improvements in a manufacturing environment
• Impeccable math and statistical analysis skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Previous project management experience with knowledge of project management software
• Analytical thinker and problem-solver with interpersonal skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.