Director of Finance
80+ year diverse and growing manufacturer in the textile industry located in Northern Rhode Island on the border of Massachusetts. Serving the military, institutional, recreational, correctional, non-profit, industrial, equestrian, automotive, acoustical and thermal insulation, agricultural, mattress/furniture, under-carpet, apparel, and sporting goods industries with woolen and synthetic products made from virgin and recycled materials. Fiber to finished goods manufacturer with multiple locations and divisions.
In addition to a competitive salary, the company also offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes health, dental, HRA, FSA, 401(K), wellness initiatives, training opportunities, vacation time, holidays, employee social events and sick days. In addition, they provide performance incentives and a stable, family work environment.
Based on a restructuring of the Accounting/Finance area due to growth, the position of Director of Finance has been created.
The Director of Finance will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as the company continues to grow. As a be a member of the senior strategic team and a strategic thought partner, the successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager leading and developing an internal team consisting of the Accounting Manager, Inventory Manager, Cost Manager, and the Shipping/Receiving Manager.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Strategic planning
- Oversee annual budgeting and planning; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; keep senior leadership team apprised of organization’s financial status
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Tax Management
- Functional oversight
- Monthly/quarterly/annual closing and reporting oversight
- Financial statement design and publication
- Financial systems management
- Senior level management reporting
- Contract management and negotiations
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the Board of directors
- Auditor relationship/liaison
- Internal controls related to process and systems
- Financial Analysis
- Developing and maintaining performance measures
- Capital request analysis, review, and approval
- Develop and maintain banking relationships
- Review, update, implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business preferred
- 5+ years of Accounting/Finance experience
- Manufacturing/Plant experience
- Impeccable math and statistical analysis skills
- MS Office Suite proficiency including strong Excel skills
- MS Dynamics Great Plains experience preferred
- GAAP and senior level management reporting experience
- Systems Implementation experience is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.