Regional Account Manager
This company was founded in 1922, and provides personalized customer stocking services and the highest quality products in Industrial & Commercial Thread, Zippers, Hook & Loop, Velcro, Elastic, Webbing, and Plastic Hardware. The company’s value-add services include technical sales and product selection support training, a broad vendor base including many exclusive relationships and one of the most extensive line cards in the industry, and a coast-to-coast US and Canadian presence. Leveraging a multi-channel business model, they serve manufacturers within a diverse mix of vertical markets, as well as distributors as a master distributor of threads and notions. They stock over 3,000 items in our 30,000 square-ft facility in the midwest with an additional distribution support center in California. They have an aggressive plan to grow organically as well as through acquisitions. The company recently acquired a regional thread distributor who serviced the apparel and some industrial markets in the Northeast.
The Regional Account Manager will be a key member of our Sales team, reporting directly to the President of the Company. The Regional Account Manager is responsible for all sales activity within the
Northeast Region of the Continental United States. The Candidate should have experience in developing new accounts by creating opportunities and strategies and enhance existing accounts and business opportunities by working with corporate resources. This professional will develop annual sales forecasts and work to meet sales objectives.
The candidate should have at least 3 years of sales experience, preferably in the sewing thread and/or textile industry and have the ability to travel at least 50% or more.
The position is remote from the company’s headquarters and will be based in the Northeast Region of the United States, where they will be able to conduct in person visits with customers from as South of New York/New Jersey, upward through Maine.
• Manage current accounts to assure sales volume grows year after year or is at least consistent
• Review sales revenue by account and use past years revenue to develop goal forecasts and inform management on new regional new developments
• Represent and assist company at conferences and trade shows
• Sell target accounts, identify new prospects, and create new ideas on how to generate revenue
• Deliver company value proposition via in person, phone, and email on a regular basis
• Provide value in every aspect of the customer experience
• Keep abreast of product, service, and industry developments
• Complete, maintain product training and certification
• Identify, engage, plan and develop new regional accounts
• Coordinate client relationship opportunities such as quotes, stocking agreements and blanket purchase orders
• Oversee account compliance to ensure company contracts are maximized to full potential
• Resolve issues and ensure the highest level of quality service by coordinating with our Product Management and Customer Service Teams
• Manage retention and growth of assigned accounts utilizing company initiatives, programs, promotions, and resources
• Maintain business activities per account in CRM system for each customer contact and activity
• Assist Controller with customer open invoices to ensure prompt payment
• Report customer and market developments to President / Sales Management
• Organize, maintain customer, company, and contact information
• Complete other duties as assigned
Experience and Attributes:
• The ability to conduct sales presentation to our customers, clearly and effectively presenting the company, our products, capabilities, and value proposition. These presentations may be in person, via webinar or by phone
• Strong organizational skills to be able to maintain customer information, such as, contact information, quotes, contracts, schedules, etc.
• Strong track record of account planning and time management to maintain regular call schedule
• Ability to learn the features and benefits of products and gain a general understanding of how the products are used within the industry
• CRM Experience in documenting customer activity, schedule follow ups on calls, quotes, etc.
• Excellence in verbal and written business communication skills
• The ability to do sales forecasting and develop sales objectives
• 1-3 years of B2B direct customer selling experience
• Ability to travel 50-60%
• Address potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
• Proficient in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• The Regional Account Manager will receive an attractive compensation package including base salary and commissions, as well as participate in the Company Share bonus program. A complete benefits package will also be offered
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.