We are working with a well-established manufacturer of advanced materials that operates manufacturing and R&D facilities globally. Our client is on track to be a billion-dollar company in the next couple of years. Great company with excellent benefits & an amazing vacation policy!
Responsible for managing all day-to-day operations at the plant. All facets of the plant are included: manufacturing, EHS, human resources, engineering, materials, quality, and finance (dotted line). The efforts of these areas, in successful liaison with Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain and Technology, must be led in an efficient and productive manner in order to provide exceptional customer satisfaction and meet company and plant specific goals.
- Leadership and guidance for the hourly, supervisory and management of the plant, motivating all to achieve the goals of the individuals, plant, and company
- Lead the plant to a Continuous Improvement culture & organization for achieving excellence in EHS, productivity and customer satisfaction & delivery. Provide direction & support for continuous improvement in product and process to achieve key metric goals
- Ensure optimal utilization of manpower and machinery with continual improvements towards maximum productivity. Ensure existing systems are as efficient as possible
- Keep line of communications open between all teams and individuals in the plant. Keep the Lead Team/Corporate informed of plant status through verbal and written communication. Convey & support corporate procedures & policies to the plant
- Operate plant in manner that fosters a trustworthy, open working environment based on company principles. Provide ownership for safety and continual training & development of staff at all levels. Personal involvement in a participative environmental is essential
- Contribute to the generation of the Annual Operating Plan, monitor the data to maintain budgets and meet the financial goals of the plan
- BA/BS with preference in engineering and/or papermaking. Advanced degree is a plus
- Prior process industry manufacturing experience; papermaking and Union experience preferred
- Skills and demonstrated success in a six sigma/lean manufacturing system
- Increasingly responsible positions in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and site leadership
- The ability and propensity to respond positively and appropriately when confronted with the need to change
- Success in high performance work system as well as previous experience in building strong operating teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong computer software skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.