We are working with a fast growing, large (over $1B in annual revenue) global leader and manufacturer of extruded staple fibers, woven & non-woven fabrics including needle punch nonwovens, and other textile related products utilized in a wide variety of industries. The company has a need for an experienced Plant Manager in one of their facilities located Northeast of Atlanta, GA. This position will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing. This is an amazing company to work for with very low turnover (18- year average tenure) and the company is offering a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, excellent benefits including relocation assistance, and potentially a company car (with corporate approval).
- Direct manufacturing and production operations including Department Managers and Supervisors
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs including cost reduction projects/process/culture
- Lead and support a continuous improvement culture through employee engagement
- Improve predictive maintenance program/processes with downtime minimization in mind
- Lead strategic planning and execution, budgeting and control, capital improvements including facility/physical plant and equipment improvement
- Manage, review, and improve daily KPI’s
- Data driven process and decision maker
- Talent development planning for direct reports and acting managers
- Act as coach/mentor in developing employees
- Develop and implement cross-training initiatives for operators and skilled technicians
- Attain business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards meet or exceed customer expectations
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to support company strategic initiatives
- P&L oversight, year-end budget process participation
- Interaction with other facilities – process reviews/sharing/etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing management – textiles background preferred
- Background in fiber extrusion, non-wovens including needle punch, and engineering experience highly preferred
- Geosynthetic experience is a plus
- Extrusion of staple fibers is a plus
- Continuous Improvement mindset and successful track record
- Experience leading, driving, and supporting Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Six Sigma experience is a plus but not required
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Experience with CRM, AS400, Maintenance scheduling/tracking software, Tableau, project management, etc. is a plus
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.