Director of Engineering & Product Development, Medical Textiles
This is a Global Company with $100MM+ in sales and growing. They have multiple divisions and sell mostly into the industrial trade. They Design, Develop and Manufacture their own products. They have great leadership in place and are looking for someone to lead their young Engineering Team in their Medical Division. They have great benefits and offer stock and relocation assistance. This is a great company and great opportunity. This Division is on upward track. They have a brand-new state of the art facility. Location is in the Northeast, but it is not in a NYC metro, it is in a more rural setting with choices of places to live, like a University town. Cost of living is affordable.
This individual provides leadership and direction to the medical engineering department and is accountable for the performance and results of the team. Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures while ensuring medical products are engineered to meet or exceed customer expectations, internal design and quality criteria. This individual is a member of the medical business leadership team and assists the development and execution of the growth strategy.
• This position will be the Team leader of the Medical engineering team. The team is responsible for converting customer inquiries into designs that meet the design criteria and can be manufactured
using the existing equipment
• Develop, implement, and maintain process and procedures for engineering and product development to meet the needs of medical customers, while remaining in compliance with all applicable regulations and quality requirements
• Collaborate with the Sales director to support the medical sales activity. Play an active role by interfacing directly with customers to identify new business opportunities with the objective of
positioning the company competitively within the market
• Build, motivate and lead an innovative engineering team with a “can do” attitude through mentoring, development and leadership. Work cross functionally to remove departmental barriers
• Along with other leaders in the medical group, such as operations, sales and finance, create a business culture of team work which is results oriented, customer focused, and driven to deliver quality products
• Identify and participate in industry associations and forums in support of the company strategy
• Support the continuous improvement activities as required
• Ensure all engineering activities are carried out in accordance with all quality system requirements and utilizing sound engineering practices
• Ensure proper records are kept of all engineering activities to support needs that might arise due to customer audits, IP strategy or other quality and regulatory requirements
• Continuously grow technical capabilities, with commercial awareness, by actively investigating the development of new technologies and products in the medical field that could impact the company. Develop strategies to address risks and opportunities that arise from these technologies
• Ensure compliance with independent product approving bodies and international performance and quality standards, where applicable
• Maintain quality, safety and environmental standards and take any corrective actions as required
• Provide engineering advice and assistance as required and perform other related duties as assigned
• Flexible to overseas and domestic travel as required
• 2 Process Engineers
• 3 Development Engineers
Requirements and Capabilities (describe scope of knowledge and ability of the position):
• Degree in mechanical or textile engineering with, or appropriate engineering experience within a biomedical textile company
• 5 years of supervisory experience leading a team
• Working knowledge of FDA, ISO and other applicable regulations in the field of biomedical textiles
• Experience in managing an engineering team
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Strong customer interfacing skills
• Proven successful design track record working in an aggressive business environment, delivering projects on time and within budget
• Demonstrated proficiency in the design and manufacture of biomedical textiles
• Sound theoretical engineering knowledge (general performance, stress/strain/fatigue behavior, bio-compatibility, aging, etc.) of fibers, plastics and metals used in medical applications
• Proficient with MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
• Ability to continually evolve product theory
• Effective time management skills which creates the ability to handle multiple priorities
• To always ensure that their acts or omissions do not present a danger to themselves, anyone else, the environment or the safe operation of any plant or equipment
• To intervene and report any defect in equipment or practice or any dangerous circumstance or event which could affect HSQE performance
• To comply with all HSQE customer and company requirements
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.