HS&E Regional Manager
We are working with a fast growing, large (over $1B in annual revenue) global leader and manufacturer of extruded staple fibers, woven & non-woven fabrics including needle punch nonwovens, and other textile related products utilized in a wide variety of industries. The company has a need for an HS&E (Health, Safety, & Environmental) Regional Manager to be based in the company’s Northeast Georgia facility and with responsibility for their other US and Canada locations (5 facilities in total). This position will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing. This is an amazing company to work for with very low turnover (18- year average tenure) and the company is offering a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and excellent benefits including relocation assistance.
- The HSE Regional manager is to lead all responsibilities related to health, safety, and the environment
- This position will use internal data and external information to develop and implement the Company’s safety and environmental policies
- This role will lead the HSE initiatives for the company’s North America Operations
- The HSE Regional manager will be cognizant of the issues and challenges facing the Company and coordinate the strengths, resources, and capabilities to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives. They will use progressive work and education experience to increase knowledge, improve expertise and demonstrate a knowledge-sharing behavior to help create and sustain a safe productive work culture and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the employees and the environment
- This position will have responsibility for acting HSE manager at the Northeast Georgia facility
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all HSE functions including risk identification, auditing, training, and incident investigation
- Alignment of Safety programs, policies, and procedures where applicable across all company facilities
- Ensure the company maintains compliance with all environmental and safety laws
- Willingness to maintain position/decision in the face of adversity
- On the floor audits of job safety tasks to ensure that established practices, policies, and processes are being followed
- Develop and execute company safety policies, procedures, and methods designed to drive the Company’s culture and meet the Company’s standards and goals
- Manage the overall direction and coordination of projects by identifying and approving HSE project plans, contractual agreements, schedules, activities, and milestones to ensure a balance between productivity and the safety of team members, sub-contractors, and visitors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Coordinate with Human Resources
- Monitor, oversee, and/or execute all work required for all environmental permits and licensing for the North America facilities
- Provide technical and general support to operations through interpretation of Company practices and procedures in relation to current legislation and regulations
- Work closely with Safety Managers on Worker’s Compensation claims, accident investigations, and all safety incidents. This includes the development and implementation of corrective actions and the identification of root cause
- Ensure that all sites complete OSHA and Environmental reporting and maintain accurate records
- Ability to develop and use analytics to support effective decision-making and continuous improvement
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently for short periods of time as necessary to all North America facilities (25% to 40% travel) sites
- This position will be responsible for managing HSE for the Northeast Georgia facility
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in maintaining HSE in a multi-site context. Preferably manufacturing facility experience and textiles/nonwovens, but not required
- Demonstrated track record in developing and implementing HSE Policies and Procedures
- Strong communication, management, and coaching skills are required
- A high degree of self-initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Solid conflict resolution skills, team building, problem-solving, and resourceful in obtaining win/win solutions
- High level of business integrity
- Ability to influence, present to, and build relationships with team members, engineers, customers, and facility leaders
- Superior project management, communication, interpersonal, business writing, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a corporate and functional level
- Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with cross-functional teams and personnel
- Basic financial and business acumen
- Proficient in technical tools and applications for efficient communication (Microsoft OfficeSuite apps, Teams, Zoom, Adobe, iOS functionality, etc.)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.