Continuous Improvement Leader
Our client is a near $1 Billion Global company. They design and manufacture specialty engineered Non-woven Filtration Media, Advanced Technical Materials, Industrial Thermal Insulating Solutions, and Thermal and Acoustical barriers for heat abatement and sound dampening applications. They serve a number of markets with the majority of products sold to original equipment manufacturers and tier-one suppliers.
We are searching for an experienced Continuous Improvement Leader. You will be working to create and support performance supporting other sites in their Value Creation initiatives as requested. This individual will be expected to be able to identify, managing, report and deliver planned vs. actual operational excellence savings for the designated site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the ongoing development of an enterprise-wide continuous improvement culture. Assist in efforts focused on driving employee engagement, enhancing organizational capability, and developing plant-based change agents
- Provide expertise in all areas of Lean, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Quality Improvement Methods, and other appropriate areas of knowledge
- Work with the site leadership team to identify, define value and deliver targeted savings in the operations and business processes
- Study existing processes across all business functions to identify opportunities to drive out waste and improve profitability, process efficiency and productivity
- Train Lean Manufacturing methods, coach & mentor those working on these initiatives
- Expert “hands on” knowledge of manufacturing and business improvement processes
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives through to delivery of stated value
- Report planned vs. actual savings achievement on a regular basis
- Identify roadblocks to achieving any targeted savings and manage sub-teams to remove such roadblocks
- Work in a team-based environment being a leader and team member
- Creative, team-based problem solving with consensus building to generate pro-active and sustainable process improvements
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- A history of operational excellence leadership, ex. Lean Six-Sigma greenbelt, with demonstrated implementation successes
- Manufacturing experience, able to work effectively in production environment
- Understanding of Lean tools, capable of applying and teaching
- Three to five years of experience in Lean or Lean/Sigma implementation
- Kaizen facilitation experience, TPM knowledge and implementation experience
- Root-cause problem solving, (FMEA, 5 Whys, etc.
- Business Process Design & Optimization experience, such as: S&OP, Demand Management
- History of effective team leadership, milestone planning & project completion successes
- Adept in Microsoft Office product suite and computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable at presenting project activities to various levels of the organization
- Degree in Science/Engineering (Bachelor of Science)
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.