Technical Project Engineer / Manager
We are working with a leading international personal hygiene group in the baby care, feminine hygiene, and adult care markets for consumers, retailers, institutional and private health care providers in over 15 countries. The company has dozens of facilities and brands, with Billions in annual revenue. The company is rapidly expanding and offers a VERY competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company has a need for a Technical Project Engineer / Manager located north of Winston-Salem and Greensboro, NC and will report to the Technical/Engineering Manager.
- Execute and coordinate plant initiatives developed by engineering in strong collaboration with manufacturing and engineering
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Support and guide the local technical teams in managing complex projects
- Provide technical standardization within manufacturing plants
- Work with engineering team, manage and lead contacts with suppliers for facility construction, new equipment, and technology when needed
- Assist in development of specifications for new machinery / equipment to be ordered
- Provide overview on the current installation and delivery schedules for projects
- Drive exchange of technical information with corporate and plant engineering
- Provide technical expertise on feasibility, etc. to R&D on new R&D projects
- Develop ideas for technical improvements, standardization, and cost saving projects
- Production process development and process approval
- Manage new equipment projects
- Control and evaluate costs for installation of new and used machines / equipment
- Contribute to raw material validation process
- Control CAPEX forms for plant technical projects
- Report CAPEX expenses and issues to management
- Control PML and savings tracking reports prior to group leadership submittal
- Monitor the production KPI’s and help plants/teams take needed actions
- Monitor EHS and Quality issues and provide suggestions for needed actions
- Provide requested production and technical reports to plant leadership
- Provide consultancy to teams on regular maintenance of buildings, machinery, equipment and monitor costs
- Bachelor’s or greater Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in technical project management in a high-speed manufacturing plant
- Experience in hygienic disposables, packaging, or food & beverage industry
- Knowledge of LEAN principles
- Ability to work with CAD software, preferably AutoCAD or CoCreate
- Willing to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.