R&D Lab Manager
We are working with a leading international personal hygiene group in the baby care, feminine hygiene, and adult care markets for consumers, retailers, institutional and private health care providers in over 15 countries. The company has dozens of facilities and brands, with Billions in annual revenue. The company is rapidly expanding and offers a VERY competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company has a need for an R&D Lab Manager located north of Winston-Salem and Greensboro, NC and will report to the Vice President of Product Development Americas.
- Organize and manager the R&D Americas lab
- Provide project teams with lab test data
- Standardize/leverage global R&D test methods and industry test methods
- Be the SME for product analysis
- Create market intelligence on product and raw materials through analysis of product performance criteria for the company and competitors
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Analyze lab test data internal and competitors and provide accurate input for decision making towards project teams
- Organize accelerated aging studies to evaluate product stability, raw material changes and new product concepts
- Coach, lead, and challenge the R&D Americas lab team to meet time targets
- Creation and implementation of lab test methods in light of new developments
- Ensure internal plants QA labs are aligned in the execution of test methods so that test data are reliable and reproduceable
- Organize external lab testing
- Align with external and internal labs to ensure accurate product testing
- Build and maintain relationships with external test agencies and internal R&D labs
- Apply/maintain and optimize the R&D Procedures within the R&D Americas lab
- Daily management of the activities in the R&D Americas lab
- Actively drive for continuous improvement and increased efficiency in the R&D Americas lab
- Create new test methods linked to new product developments
- Analyze, summarize, and visualize lab test data to facilitate decision making
- Analyze new raw materials to assess their use in products
- Manage the lab budget
- Support R&D machine trials
- Evaluate feasibility of prototype hand samples
- Provide competitor product test data to product management
- Assist plant QA Managers regarding persisting quality related problems and help develop solutions
- Regulatory requirements (ex-lab equipment calibration)
- Opex and Capex planning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- 5+ years of QA or R&D lab environment
- Experience managing a team
- Baby, Adult, and Femcare experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.