Principal Product Developer
We are working with a leading international personal hygiene group in the baby care, feminine hygiene, and adult care markets for consumers, retailers, institutional and private health care providers in over 15 countries. The company has dozens of facilities and brands, with Billions in annual revenue. The company is rapidly expanding and offers a VERY competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company has a need for a Principal Product Developer located north of Winston-Salem and Greensboro, NC and will report to the Regional Head of Design.
- Delivers product related projects that increase/maintain margin by lowering the cost of the products via bill of material or production efficiencies linked to raw material usage
- Support procurement in their strategies by authorizing raw materials for production
- Create raw material specifications
- Be the expert and knowledge center for raw materials used in the region
- Support the head of Development in all people related aspects of the team
Main Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Multi category focus (Baby/Adult/Feminine Care/Packaging)
- Take a champion role towards selected people on the team. Training, coaching, challenging. Support the head of development in all people related aspects
- Be the source of product, process, and raw material knowledge inside and outside the team
- Run full feasibility exercises on project proposals (technical, financial, resource timing, CAPEX, OPEX, etc.) in collaboration with engineering, operations, procurement, etc.
- Coordinate and deliver on time with multiple design projects across categories with the plants following FTR / MDR approach by coordinating the activities within the project
- Authorize the usage of new raw materials within the company portfolio
- Deliver raw material specifications in a standardized way for all newly validated materials
- Create a time-plan for each project and integrate in the master plan tool
- Maintain masterplan tool data
- Contribute to annual design plan by bringing ideas and running feasibility exercises
- Report status and roadblocks on a monthly basis or present deep dives for special occasions
- Set up regular recurring connects with plant controllers and group finance teams to provide precise information on projects enabling accurate financial forecasting
- Support Procurement in their activities
- Bachelor’s or greater Degree in engineering or sciences
- Six Sigma knowledge is a plus
- 5+ years in R&D
- 5+ years of hygiene, nonwoven or related business
- 5+ years of experience in a multi-cultural or international environment
- Solid knowledge of all types of disposable absorbent products, raw materials, and production processes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.