Head of Product Development, Americas
We are working with a leading international personal hygiene group in the baby care, feminine hygiene, and adult care markets for consumers, retailers, institutional and private health care providers in over 15 countries. The company has dozens of facilities and brands, with Billions in annual revenue. The company is rapidly expanding and offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company has a need for a Product Development Head, Americas located in their new facility north of Winston-Salem and Greensboro, NC and will report to the VP of Product Development, Americas.
- Lead the regional product development activities cross category for Americas (US, Mexico, Brazil, etc.) by leading the technical stream of selected innovation and customization projects through the state-gate process
- Responsible to implement, finetune and apply the innovation management for global R&D
- Create customized/differentiated products in close relation with the commercial and operational teams
- Responsible to maintain/achieve competitive market product offerings, along with supporting the commercial organization with product expertise for the commercial markets
- Build and maintain business relationships with strategic suppliers and external organizations
Main Responsibilities/Key Tasks:
- Cross category focused, including link to packaging developments
- Responsible for the R&D CAPEX and operating budget plan to the related activities and follow-up in collaboration the group finance team
- Defines (along with the regional commercial teams) the product initiative masterplan and the scope of each project in alignment with the Global Innovation & Product Portfolio Managers
- Responsible for technical feasibility on new requests (cost, CAPEX, timing, resources in/outside R&D) enabling creation of business case for project approval (in cooperation with the Head of Product Innovation Americas for selected projects)
- Define specific customer product plans with the regional commercial teams
- Drive timely delivery of the regional product initiative masterplan and specific customer product plans
- Responsible for the development/implementation (rollout) of product initiatives for the Americas production facilities from other commercial regions (global development)
- Project status and future plans presentations internally and with external partners and key customers
- Support other functions by providing expert knowledge – examples would be related to quality problems, customer requests/meetings, operational issues, etc.
- Manage and develop the team
- Guarantee project executions are done according to process (execution / approval flows)
- Create technical competitive product intelligence
- Drive for fully documented product / raw materials and process specifications for each new innovation / raw material / customer specific product
- 5+ years of R&D experience
- 5+ years of hygiene, nonwoven, or related business
- Experience within a multi-cultural/international business environment internally, with suppliers, and key business partners
- Solid knowledge of all types of disposable absorbent products, raw materials, and production processes
- Degree in natural science or engineering – Master’s or Ph.D would be an asset
- Solid knowledge in statistics and Six Sigma would be an asset
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.