Director of Purchasing
This multi-billion dollar privately held Medical Company has numerous divisions with one being in Textiles. They have a new office building that offers a Gym, Cafeteria, Yoga, a bank and lots of other amenities. They offer great benefits and 401K and private transportation from the rail. They are located 45 minutes north of Chicago so you can live in the city or in the ‘burbs. This is an amazing company with amazing people and could be a great move for you. They have a very fair relocation package as well. This move is going to be a game changer for someone.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Director of Purchasing for our Textile & EVS Division. This position will be primarily responsible for all strategic & tactical purchasing/sourcing activities (both internationally and domestic) for both raw material and finished good product lines. Development and implementation of strategic and operational sourcing, procurement, contracting & supply management strategies. Create & maintain operational processes to ensure best value in goods and services. Manage interaction with division to cultivate cross-functional processes and vendor relationships to optimize cost strategy and vendor performance. Oversee & manage Purchasing Team. Negotiate price, contract terms, NDA, product design, engineering change notices, cooperative advertising, rebate structures, forecasts, pricing information records, duty, absorption, back orders, over bills, new vendors, inventory management and product search, etc.
- Initiate, implement and manage all purchasing, sourcing and business strategy projects. Negotiate the costs of all materials and resolve service level issues at the vendor level
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts, product promotions, cost reductions, and long-term contracts with suppliers. Negotiate regarding product integrity, nondisclosures, quality, and standards. Create and Implement sourcing strategy driving vendor execution and market strategies for vendor allocation optimization and risk mitigation, resourcing and cost containment/reductions
- Accountability for department level annual cost savings targets. Manage the price information records of all vendors and SKU’s with attention to absorption levels
- Manage in conjunction with Manufacturing the implementation of Procurement System to achieve reduction of service level issues at vendor level to maintain customer satisfaction
- Negotiation of supplier agreements & management of supplier/vendor contracts
- Develop and evaluate vendor performance including value (cost/quality), delivery, innovation and CSR
- Support Quality with SCAR, Deviations, Print Review, Factory audits, product improvements and product R&D
- Assist the marketing team with product design and R&D
- Enhance transportation opportunities by working with operations. Reduce cubes and freight costs at the time of design
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies
This company offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package & a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field such as: Supply Chain or Operations Management
Relevant Work Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in purchasing or sales
- At least 2 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP
- At least 8 -10 years of experience in a SKU intensive (10K+) business and fast-paced environment. Past experience of sourcing or manufacturing woven textile products out of Asia and North/South/Central America is required
- At least 3 years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work
- MBA, Global Supply Chain Management
- CPIM Certification from APICS is a PLUS
- Domestic & International travel is required
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Pivot tables, Dashboards, IF statements)
- Experience in working through details of a problem, overcoming obstacles and reaching a positive and successful solution through mathematical or systematic operations
- Experience identifying and imparting prioritization skills to direct reports
- Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements
- Advanced skills in math
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Mandarin is a PLUS
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.