Production Manager / Assistant Plant Manager
We are working with a well-established (over 120 years) and growing nonwovens, lamination, and foam manufacturer with a wide variety of products for their global customer base in industries including acoustic, automotive, medical, consumer products, apparel, hygiene, packaging, filtration, aerospace, marine & RV, military, safety/fire protection, etc. The company has multiple facilities in the US, including a new facility in this NC location. Very competitive base salary and full benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company is looking for a Production / Manufacturing / Or Assistant Plant Manager to be based in one their facilities north of Charlotte, NC.
This position has primary responsibility for production operations, oversight of installation of new equipment and production lines and setting standards for productivity improvements in one of their NC facilities. The Production/Manufacturing/Assistant Plant Manager will provide leadership to a production team and technical staff to deliver results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead facility operations including supply management, production scheduling, manufacturing processes, shipping, maintenance, people management and implementation of change initiatives
- Champion Lean/CI methodologies and processes to deliver improved productivity, efficiency, quality, cost, customer service, and safety
- Identify areas for improvement in current production processes to promote efficiency and lower costs
- Ensure sufficient capacity to meet customer demands
- Manage talent (e.g., development, succession planning and performance management)
- Ensure compliance with safety policies and training to eliminate work-related injuries
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems
- Work closely with Human Resources department to assist in recruitment of new employees, develop a pipeline of talent and implement employee retention strategies
- Coordinates the activities of the production group to best utilize employees. Provides training for departmental personnel and assists in the selection of employees. Authorizes overtime and conducts performance evaluations
- Work collaboratively with supply chain, purchasing and other production departments to reach business goals
- Familiar with new technologies in the industry and recommends application to the company’s products and processes
- Provides guidance in the resolution of employee conflicts and recommends corrective action when necessary
- Reviews and recommends changes to production schedules to best enhance productivity
- Maintains compliance with government regulations, company policy, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Participates in ongoing professional development
Skills & Knowledge:
- 4 year Degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or Business
- 5-7 years’ experience in manufacturing management, including manufacturing engineering, lean methods and processes and supervision. Non-Wovens or textile experience preferred
- Proven leadership performance with solid technical leadership and familiarity of systems
- Excellent communication skills including ability to effectively work with all levels in the organization
- Strategic thinker with the ability to be hands-on in the operation
Strong computer skills including MS Office, ERP (AS400 a plus) and HRIS (UKG a plus)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.