Plant Engineer / Facilities Engineer / Maintenance Manager
We are working with a well-established (over 120 years) and growing nonwovens, lamination, and foam manufacturer with a wide variety of products for their global customer base in industries including acoustic, automotive, medical, consumer products, apparel, hygiene, packaging, filtration, aerospace, marine & RV, military, safety/fire protection, etc. The company has multiple facilities in the US, including a new facility in this NC location. Very competitive base salary and full benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company is looking for a Plant Engineer / Facilities Engineer / Maintenance Manager to be based in one their facilities north of Charlotte, NC.
The Plant Engineer / Facilities Engineer / Maintenance Manager will lead the plant engineering function supporting the manufacturing facility. The role serves as the key technical resource for the manufacturing operation focusing on preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading plant systems. This position will evaluate Capital Projects and direct the maintenance department on plant needs.
• Monitor mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems within the plant to determine life cycle and justify replacement of items or systems as needed
• Develop, plan, and coordinate improvements and upgrades throughout the plant
• Identify cost savings opportunities and lead CI projects to completion
• Evaluate Capital Project needs, justifications, and costs associated with plant operations write and submit requests for approval
• Provide engineering for upgrades, replacements, new systems, equipment, and construction projects, and work with vendors to identify new technology
• Manage plant maintenance department
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred
• Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience. Previous non-wovens or textile experience preferred
• Demonstrated machine and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Prior project management experience.
• Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems
• Working knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts, continuous improvement, and problem-solving methodologies
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office, ERP (AS400 a plus) and HRIS (UKG a plus)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.