US Patent/Intellectual Property (IP) Attorney/Agent
We are working with a leading international personal hygiene group in the baby care, feminine hygiene, and adult care markets for consumers, retailers, institutional and private health care providers in over 15 countries. The company has dozens of facilities and brands, with Billions in annual revenue. The company is rapidly expanding and offers a VERY competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits including relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
The company has a need for a US Patent/Intellectual Property (IP) Attorney/Agent to support the company’s growth strategy in the highly innovative and competitive personal hygiene consumer goods market. This position will be based in the company’s US HQ north of Atlanta, GA.
As a member of the Intellectual Property (IP) team, the US Patent Attorney/Agent supports the Company’s growth strategy in the highly innovative and competitive personal hygiene consumer goods market with first-class IP support and contributes to the design and roll-out of its IP strategy and develop and implement state-of-the-art IP tools and processes.
The US Patent Attorney/Agent will be a member of the company’s North American IP team, led by the Lead IP Counsel, Americas. The NA IP team is part of the company’s global IP Team, headed by the VP, Head of IP, based at the European Headquarters. The North American IP team, in collaboration with the global IP team, develops and implement holistic IP strategies that are consistent with the global strategies, whilst at the same time following jurisdictional best practices.
The US Patent Agent/Attorney will primarily support the company’s North American business, working with the global and regional Innovation and Commercial teams to develop appropriate strategies to protect the company’s innovations and to accomplish business and strategic initiatives.
The US Patent Agent/Attorney’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing an assigned patent portfolio and conducting patent prosecution, including the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent applications
- Supporting North American commercialization activities by providing commercial teams with actionable advice regarding freedom to operate; working with cross-functional teams and with external resources to prepare relevant legal analysis and opinions regarding non-infringement and invalidity of IP based on current US law
- Assisting with preparation and negotiation of IP-related provisions in agreements, including confidentiality, joint development, and commercial agreements
- Supporting efforts to monetize the company’s patent portfolio, e.g., with patent litigation and licensing opportunities
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Technical degree (Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, etc. preferred)
- Passed the state bar exam and has Patent/IP experience
- Worked in a law firm with consumer products background of had consumer products clients
- Maintained a docket from beginning to end – freedom to operate
- Passed patent bar
- Experience working on agreements
- Ability to work independently
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.