Director of Human Resources
Fast growing ISO 9001 and 13485 certified Manufacturer and global leader in the technical apparel/type 1 medical device world. The company has an open and friendly/family like environment and due to an upcoming retirement is seeking a Director of Human Resources to be based in their facility north of Atlanta, Georgia. The Director of Human Resources will be part of the senior leadership team, will report to the CEO, and will have one Senior Human Resources Representative direct report.
This position come with a competitive base salary and a 15% performance/profitability bonus with benefits that include 401K (eligibility after 1 month of employment – with company matching), Group Medical/Dental/Vision, company paid life insurance, company paid ST and LT disability insurance, some/limited work from home days and unlimited PTO!
The Human Resources Director serves as the HR business partner that will oversee the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination, and administration of the human resources function. The director is responsible for providing a broad range of HR generalist activities across the company including the development and effective implementation of plans, policies and processes for workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent management and development, employee engagement, legal compliance and recordkeeping, employee relations, and total rewards (compensation and benefits). This leader will need to have HR experience in a manufacturing environment and have a passion for “walking the floor” to build trust, drive engagement and understand the drivers of the employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an HR Business Partner to assess, create and rollout people strategies and processes including performance management, employee relations, recruitment, and compensation systems
- Accountable for effective execution of the recruiting plan from either internal and/or external talent pools
- Ensures development and execution of employee on-boarding program
- Coach, develop and implement HR functional excellence continuous improvements across multiple HR work streams including staffing, employee relations, compliance and talent management
- Ensures effective performance of the HR resources and people-related processes. Implements metrics to measure value, efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Responsible for deploying integrated employee communications plan that aligns key elements of performance culture, talent management, individual development and employee engagement
- Drive positive employee relations to engage leadership and hourly employees in continuous improvement
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations Ensure consistent, timely and accurate application and compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations at the local, state and national level relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned
- Represents the organization at hearings and ensure employee files and records are properly and securely maintained
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors
- Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs
- Demonstrate Leadership Skills
- Business Acumen
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management or equivalent preferred but not required
- HRCI and/or SHRM Certification a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience partnering directly with senior leadership to develop, align and implement HR and organizational development strategies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management capacity
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues
- Experience in coaching and developing staff
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations
- Working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues
- Outstanding judgement, sensitivity and high discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now payroll system, a plus
- Ability to give presentations
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.