Director of Operations
If you are looking for a special place to work – this is the unicorn you have been searching for. The culture of this 40+ year old company is incredible. They are 100% pro-employee, pro-customer, pro-supplier. They strive to be their customer’s best supplier and their supplier’s best customer. With outstanding employee compensation and benefits, this is your opportunity to have a very positive experience at work. The Operational Leader role is located at the company site in Pennsylvania – about an hour west of Newark, NJ.
The Operations Leader comes to work every day focused on ensuring no employee is hurt and that customers view our client as their best supplier. This role is responsible for all aspects of plant operations and is expected to take them to the next level of safety, quality, production and service. This position is a critical link in nurturing and maintaining a positive culture that values their employees and tries to treat employees, customers and suppliers the way we would like to be treated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Own the company safety process and drive initiatives to develop a safety-first culture with the goal of no one gets hurt
• Come to work every day with goal of making sure the company is viewed as our customers’ best supplier
• Oversee plant operations including mixing, laminating, slitting, packaging, process improvement, warehousing, shipping and receiving
• Ensure open communication up, down and across organization
• Direct and lead a team of five salaried and 120+ hourly employees
• Establish short and long-term strategic operating objectives that drive safety, efficiency, service, quality and margin improvements
• Develop, coach and mentor supervisors to lead effectively with focus on measurable goals, soft people skills, standard work definition and performance reviews
• Instill a continuous improvement mindset in operations where all employees identify and execute initiatives to drive value and improve the bottom line
• Assist Technical, R&D and Sales & Marketing in new product development
• Partner with Customer Service to support overall needs of business
• Develop succession planning and bench strength for operation’s supervisor and lead positions
• Foster positive company reputation within the community Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably focused in Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing or other related field
• Minimum 10 – 15 years hands-on manufacturing experience, with progressive leadership responsibility focusing on safety, organizational development, operational excellence, continuous
improvement, budgeting, capital planning, etc.
• Hands-on experience implementing successful and sustainable TPM or similar continuous improvement initiatives
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
• Experience managing a mid-size (100 – 250 employee) production facility with multiple manufacturing lines and complex product offering
• A track record of success in developing and implementing short and long-term strategic initiatives
• Ability to build relationships and connect with employees at all levels of organization
• Solution-oriented, strategic mindset directed towards exceeding customer’s expectations
• Comfort and experience working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to gain trust, engage others, and influence outcomes
• Highly self-motivated with exceptional follow-up and attention to detail
A very attractive compensation and benefit program (including 100% of Health Insurance Premiums paid and a Profit-Sharing 401K Plan) is available along with relocation help. This is NOT a work from home opportunity. This position is needed at the HQ/Manufacturing location daily.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.