We’re working with a well-established global textile manufacturer and they’re looking for a Process/Quality Engineer to join their team. We’re working with a very diversified global textile manufacturer. This is a profitable well-established company with a substantial client portfolio and they are looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team. It’s a people-centric culture where they empower their teams to be creative and make decisions. Establish and maintain strong customer relations and ensure customer satisfaction. Have a thorough understanding of customer expectations and coordinate the internal effort to meet those expectations.
- Responsible for customer and supplier interfacing on quality issues for assigned responsibilities
- Maintain control plans, PFMEA’s, inspection and gage instructions and other assigned quality plan documentation
- Lead problem solving activities for internal/external concerns relating to assigned responsibilities
- Coordinates activities of Quality Technicians as needed
- Maintain Advanced Quality Planning (APQP) documentation for assigned programs
- Establish data collection systems for process, product and customer feedback
- Supplier quality coordination of parts supplied to assigned product units
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process and quality systems
- Train / mentor Quality Technicians as needed
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, or quality systems
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected
- Organize retrieval of supplier PPAP information
- Organize follow up activities to customer PPAP submissions
- Report weekly to management regarding timelines
- Perform internal and/or external audits on the basis of ISO 9001:2000/TS16949 requirements to maintain compliance
- Minimum 4-year degree or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years in manufacturing environment, automotive manufacturing a plus
- Minimum 1 year experience in supplier and customer related quality-engineering role
- Minimum 1 year experience in APQP on new products in automotive industry
- Basic AIAG or related quality system knowledge
- Must have good communication skills, both orally and in writing to interface with customers, suppliers and all levels of personnel in one organization. Capable of working in an international environment
- High level of computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word/Excel
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2000 / TS16949 and auditing process
- Internal Process Auditor experience preferred but not required
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.