A global leader in their field with manufacturing facilities around the world. My client is searching for an Environmental Manager to join their team.
Responsible for coordinating and enabling site compliance activities in the areas of air, water, chemical and waste management. You will provide environmental services and support for 2 manufacturing sites in the Northeast to ensure sound business practices and environmental compliance. This includes monitoring company owned dams and landfills, as well as accurately interpret applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Provide leadership and direct support to coordinate and implement facility environmental programs, projects, and other compliance activities
- Develop and implement strategies and programs targeted at continuous improvement in environmental and sustainability performance, culture, and cost reduction
- Compile and track environmental metrics. This includes samplings, analysis, testing, and recordkeeping
- Tracks environmental obligations for the 2 sites and prepares documentation for submittal to regulatory agencies as required (reporting, permitting, correspondence, etc.)
- Conducts compliance inspections to evaluate and if needed correct performance
- Communicates requirements, delivers guidance and provides environmental training to site personnel
- Develops and maintains compliance calendar in order to track environmental obligations and compliance
- Identify methods to reduce air emissions, waste to landfill, wastewater discharges, and chemical usage
- Monitors governmental and non-governmental organizations for new rules, regulations, laws and policies applicable to the specific area
- Interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues
- Defines and assesses procedural, compliance and financial impacts of applicable new rules, regulations, laws and policies
- Works with internal and external environmental auditors during formal audit processes to ensure prompt follow-through and appropriate protocol changes based on audit findings
- Attends public hearings, public meetings and other forums if required
- Oversees monitoring and management of company owned landfills and dams
- Ability to work in fast paced working environment with multiple projects and stakeholders
- Other related duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a robust environmental management program
- Certification as a Toxic Use Reduction (TUR) Planner
- Landfill management experience
- Experience with Combined Heat & Power (CHP) a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA safety rules and policies
- Computer skills; including MS Office Suite and Oracle
- Have the ability to coach and interact with others in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress
- WWTP operator license 4M or higher or have capability to obtain it
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.