My client is a leader in the Advanced Material industry that supports the technology market. They are a $1.9 billion global company with manufacturing facilities around the world and they are searching for an EH&S Manager to join their team. Very Competitive total compensation plans and the benefits are awesome.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing EH&S programs and procedures, as well as, continuously assesses performance through audits and inspections to verify comprehension of our global policies, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
This role will also directly manage site personnel in creating an injury free work environment, leading new initiatives, and achieving industry best performance. This role is also one of the key leaders participating on this sites Safety Leadership Team (SLT).
- Responsible for development/implementation and periodic review/updates of EH&S programs
- Assignment Complexity: Must be able to take proactive measures to implement immediate and effective corrective actions to eliminate safety hazards. Must be able to interact with site management to direct and implement effective policies and procedures. Must demonstrate effective problem-solving ability
- Accountability/Discretion: Will be responsible for implementing EH&S policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and best management practices. Position will have the discretion to shut down equipment, tools, projects and when there is an imminent hazard to the health and well-being of employees, and to protect company property and the environment
- Working Relationships: Must demonstrate effective communication and develop working relationships with senior management, front line supervision, as well as, other employees
- Scope: Understand and appropriately influence company strategy as related to EHS compliance and program implementation at the division & site level
Education and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of direct EHS experience within an industrial manufacturing environment – chemical or semiconductor experience is a plus
- B.S. in Environmental/Health and Safety Science, engineering, or Applied Sciences degree is required
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, industry standards and best management practices pertaining to occupational health & safety
- Knowledge of hazardous materials management, environmental regulations
- Ability to read blueprints & P&ID’s
- High level of initiative
- High level of teamwork and ownership
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.