Dye Lab – Technical Manager
Our Client is a global leader in end-use market sales of fabrics for Swimwear, Activewear, Intimate Apparel, Ready-to-Wear, Theatrical costumes, and all segments of the Printed Fabric Industry. Specializing in wide and narrow warp knit elastic fabrics, our client is looking for a Dye Lab/Technical Manager in the North East and is open to relocation.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the Technical Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide technical expertise to the Fabric Color Laboratory, Dye House and Finishing Departments with oversight of the dyeing and finishing operations. Provide technical expertise to R&D and Quality, whether for new product development or to resolve quality/customer disputes.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure compliance with government environmental regulations
- Setup dyes by class to improve dye selection
- Develop dye and chemical recipes to satisfy customer requirements withing production environment
- Process Improvement functions to improve performance, efficiencies, costs, etc.
- Dye/chemical cost reduction initiatives
- Utilize Datacolor computer for dye formula creation and corrections
- Resolve Quality issues quickly
- Determine lab priorities based on input from Planning and Production departments
- Provide compliance documentation to customers
- Aid in product development and raw material procurement
- Cultivate vendor network, utilizing their technical resources
- Lead new product evaluation by working with R&D, Finishing, and Dyehouse. Assist with product trials and provide input to Production
- Participate in customer presentations with Sales team
- Understand color fastness performance requirements. Familiarity with all textile testing methods
- Audit and train lab technicians on test methods
- Support ISO9001:2015 with policies and procedures that comply with requirements.
- Manage and direct the Color Lab Manager, Process Engineer, and hourly staff
- B.S. degree in Textile Science or Chemistry
- Minimum 5 years of technical management experience in textiles
- Previous experience in a textile manufacturing or related industry required
- Knowledge of warp knit elastic fabrics and warp knit fabric processing a plus
- Knowledge of narrow woven elastic fabrics and narrow fabric processing:
- Basic understanding of nylon/spandex and polyester/spandex dyeing and finishing required
- Understanding dyeing equipment including Jets, A-Beams, P-Beams, Continuous Calender and Continuous Pad/Steam
- Proficient operation of all laboratory equipment at all facilities
- Understanding of what drives profitability to the business and ability to manage and control those activities is necessary
- Sense of urgency is a must particularly as it relates to achieving a technical resolution to a customer/product issue, quality issue or new development
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with varying levels within the organization, and able to present him/herself as a technical resource to customers in positive and/or stressful situations
- Possess strong problem solving, decision-making skills and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism required
- Strong training and mentorship skills
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.