Our Client is a global leader in end-use market sales of Fabrics for Swimwear, Activewear, Intimate Apparel, Ready-to-Wear, theatrical costumes, and all segments of the Printed Fabric Industry. Specializing in wide and narrow warp knit elastic fabrics, our client is looking for a Dye Chemist in the North East and will provide relocation assistance.
The Dye Chemist has overall responsibility for creation of dye formulations. He/she will work closely with manufacturing on all lab generated work to ensure proper support for manufacturing is given and that such work and results are properly documented and acted on as part of the continuous process improvements efforts. The Chemist will be an integral part of the Technical Team adding Chemistry knowledge to the Quality and R&D Teams.
- Develop dye and chemical recipes that will satisfy customer requirement and function in a production environment
- Key metric for lab performance: “right 1st time” formulations lab to bulk
- Utilize the Datacolor color computer for dye formula creation and formula correction programs
- Understand shade and color fastness performance requirements based on end use of fabric
- Be familiar with all textile testing methods required for each end use
- Ensure dye primaries are up to date on all dye inventory
- Add/Change chemistry to continually optimize formulations to reduce cost and improve effectiveness
- Identify opportunities to reduce redundant chemistry, test the science and execute
- Support ISO9001:2015 by applying policies and procedures that comply with the department audit requirements
- Execute proper document control and ensure employees in the department are performing their jobs according to the documented Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in all related process improvement efforts, specifically but not limited to, development of color
- Work closely with Lab Technicians and mentor/guide them by sharing chemistry knowledge
- Follow established color processes and protocols to maintain strong partnership with resources
- Follow all applicable company work instructions, S.O.P.’s and guidelines
- Position will report to the Technical Manager and will work in tandem to expand the company’s technical
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Minimum 4-year degree in Textiles or Textile Chemistry from an accredited college or university
- Work experience with warp knit elastic fabrics and warp knit fabric processing a plus
- Color proficient
- Working knowledge of DataColor Spectrophotometer
- Work experience in an ISO9001:20015 and/or 13485 manufacturing operation a plus
- Must be able to multi task, prioritize work load on a continual basis and work with limited supervision
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Able to manage a technical project, understanding the client’s needs, how the needs relate to the scope of the project and how the changes will affect others
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to clearly communicate technical information
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.