This leading US Owned, Home Fashions/Bedding company, which is part of a larger organization, and has been a leader in the industry for over 30 years is looking for a Warehouse Manager for their high-volume/300K Sq. foot facility located northern central North Carolina. Competitive salary including full benefits with 401K, and relocation assistance.
Reporting to the Plant Manager with oversight of approximately 20+ employees, this person will provide leadership, training, coaching and direction to the personnel in the Distribution, Warehouse, and Inventory Control departments of the factory, with the objective of shipping product to their customers on-time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Manage in an efficient manner space allocated for FG & Raw Material used in factory
- Maintain accuracy of inventory through good warehouse practices and discipline
- Collaborate with production management to ensure FG & Raw Material inventories are maintained at optimal levels
- Develop and implement logistics-routing processes to meet customer satisfaction goals
- Oversee the transportation of goods from Hollander to customer designate locations
- Adhere to regulatory compliance policies, quality control practices, OSHA and other government agencies requirements, for a safe and compliant working environment
- Be an agent of change and continuous improvement for the team
- Ensure training and competency of personnel
- Leads by example spending time on “Gemba” conducting observations for the identification and removal of waste in the warehouse process, taking into consideration people safety, material handling, resources uptime
- Timely and accurate communication between Plant, Office and Corporate
- Timely ordering of materials through the Boca Purchasing department
- Servicing the plant with inventory for all work orders
Other duties as required
- Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in warehouse management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Experience in Inventory Control and Warehouse Management Systems
- Demonstrated experience in Distribution logistics, excellent Shipping methodologies and Routing procedures
- Proven knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Computer skills: strong experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP software (Oracle or SAP)
- Ability to travel up to 15%
What Success Means for The Person in This Position:
- Implement inventory control systems that yield savings of the person’s annual salary
- Establish a WMS in the first twelve months that enables a world-class operation
- Improve the Customer Service metrics by eliminating all chargeback penalties from customers in the first 9 months
- Sustain Customer Service performance on-time and right-quantity thru the years
- It will create a conducive environment for continuous improvement by enhancing inventory turns by 10% every year and inventory dollars savings of 20% the first three years and 5% thereafter
- Help the plant achieve productivity, efficiency and on-time delivery goals
- Mentor and develop direct reports for their next position
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.