We are working with a well-established (over 100 years) and growing company with multiple locations in the US and UK that designs, engineers, and manufacturers specialty textiles and fabrics for a wide range of industries in the defense, aerospace, automotive, medical, personal protection, filtration, hi-performance, sports, and industrial sectors. Products include woven and non-woven fabrics, coating and lamination for fire protection, thermal insulation/protection, electrical current protection, moisture-absorbency, high flexibility, and many more applications. Due to a recent promotion for the current Facilities Engineer to a corporate role, the company has a need for a Facilities Engineer in one of the company’s North Carolina facilities (near Winston – Salem, Greensboro, High Point).
The Facilities Engineer will provide oversight of 10+ employees in the Maintenance department and is an administrative role with time shared between office and production floor. The company offers a competitive base salary with generous benefits.
Facilities Engineer / Maintenance Supervisor/Manager Job Duties:
- Daily work with Maintenance personnel regarding workload assignments and projects
- Weekly work with suppliers/vendors regarding supplies/parts needed for projects and regular maintenance including pricing negotiation, procurement, equipment inventory
- As needed, work with and manage relationships with contractors, service providers, and Design Engineers regarding project implementation and design projects
- Assign and check work progress
- Hiring and discipline. Coach, Mentor, develop, and provide training for employees
- Establish standards of performance
- Shape and enforce policies
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities with emphasis on preventive maintenance
- Maintain maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Operate within budgetary requirements
Facilities Engineer / Maintenance Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in Facilities Engineering / maintenance supervision role
- Experience with electrical, hydraulic, plumbing, HVAC, manufacturing equipment/machinery desired
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
- History of Process Improvement, strategic planning, problem solving, team building
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.