Growing Home Textile Company – US owned and US Manufacturing looking for a Warehouse Manager. Position based in North Carolina and reports to the Senior Warehouse and DC Manager. Company offers a competitive base salary, full benefits with 401K, and relocation assistance.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for leading the warehouse team in maintaining inventory system accuracy, data integrity, local level audit controls and inventory levels, supervision of warehouse personnel and management of incoming and outgoing raw materials in their North Carolina facility. This includes inventory accuracy, proper level of inventory, age of inventory, prevention of out of stocks.
S/he ensures the company remains a leader in the industry in terms of having world class Warehouse and Inventory operations by establishing and maintaining a culture of high performance and associate
engagement. S/he will recommend, implement, and support best-in-class business practices, policies and procedures for operations in a large manufacturing, warehouse and distribution Center.
S/he reports to the Sr Warehouse and DC Manager and provides strong support to approximately 3 direct reports and 30 indirect reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and maintain daily materials, production, inventory, logistics, customer service, demand management, or order fulfillment ensuring internal and external customers’ expectations and requirements are met
• Assist in the planning, designing, execution and management of systems and processes to ensure delivery of right part at the right time in the right quantity to the right place, which in turn guarantees smooth operations
• Ensures department execution and planning of all full goods/raw material/ancillary item counts and reconciliation of inventory variances, Open purchase orders and inter-plant transfers, Oracle Reconciliations, and inventory master data management of item SKUs and Raw Materials
• Champion preventive practices to eliminate expediting to supply chain leadership as appropriate to prevent problems
• Eliminate potential supply chain failures as part of the daily planning process
• Manage in an efficient manner the space allocated for the Raw Material used in the factory
• Maintain accuracy of inventory through good warehouse practices and discipline
• Assist in the establishment and maintenance of solid WMS that enables a world-class operation
• Develop and maintain effective Cycle Counting Process
• Review obsolete materials, run inventory cycle count reports, support year end physical inventory count and warehouse product traceability
• Review transaction processes to ensure data is accurately posted
• Maintains good working relationships with other organizational units in the plant
• Adhere to regulatory compliance policies, quality control practices, OSHA and other government agencies requirements, for a safe and compliant working environment
• Manages and develops warehouse team leads/supervisor and Associates
• Be an agent of change and continuous improvement for the team
• Ensure training and competency of personnel
• Leads by example spending time on “Gemba” conducting observations for the identification and removal of waste in the warehouse process, taking into consideration people safety, material handling, resources uptime
• Timely and accurate communication between Plant, Office and Corporate
• Timely ordering of materials through the Corporate Purchasing department
• Direct Reports include Warehouse Supervisors and Either directly or indirectly clerical associates, Lift Truck Drivers and other warehouse personnel
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
• Experience in Inventory Control and Warehouse Management Systems
• Transformational experience leading Warehouse and Inventory department and teams through change and critical business lifecycle events
• Ability to oversee and drive the implementation of inventory control systems to improve and maintain inventory accuracy enabling a world-class operation
• Proven knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma principles
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Computer skills: strong experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP software (Oracle or similar)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.