Textile Planning & Sourcing Manager
We’re working with a very profitable, well-established, global textile manufacturer and they are looking for a Textile Planning and Sourcing Manager to join their team. Great company culture!
This position requires a heavily textile focused leader that will work on integrating and improving MRP system, managing supplier negotiations & developing new suppliers.
- MRP System Integration and Improvements:
- Leads activity interfacing with sales to drive accurate forecasting, new requirements, strategy
- Optimize supply chain activities in concert with Operations to achieve maximum efficiency while ensuring 100% delivery to internal and external customers
- Determines appropriate inventory control levels including set points in MRP system and integrates it into an automated process. Reviews and approves expedited shipments as necessary for manufacturing requirements and assign appropriate responsibility for cost of same
- Evaluates causes behind expedited needs to determine if systemic changes are necessary. Recommend or make changes as appropriate
Supplier Management and Development:
- Negotiates pricing & terms of materials in line with commodity strategy
- Manages vendor relationships with a focus on knit goods and yarns
- Either possesses the knowledge and understanding of the textile industry, its manufacturing technologies, fibers, fabrics and finishes or has the technical background to learn it quickly. Will be responsible for global yarn and knitting market supply intelligence
- Develops and directs a Plant Level Purchasing Strategy in concert with the Corporate Global Strategy where appropriate
- Works with product development to identify needed resources and ensures their timely delivery
- Integrates input from quality team in order to ensure traceability and take sourcing actions based on supplier quality performance to ensure finished good quality
- Works in partnership with Supplier Quality Management
- Subject Matter Expert in Freight Logistics, Incoterms, and Warehousing Strategy that can extend to all Corporate Activities Globally
- Future potential for direct reports
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; and ability to understand key customer/operations issues
- Deep understanding of multi-site integrated MRP systems
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees both within the organization and with customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, etc.
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Quick study, particularly with respect to planning and operational concepts
- Drive, passion, high energy; comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned or required relating to raw material purchasing and delivery
- Must be available during off-hours to handle urgent requests
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Supply Chain
- 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing Supply Chain environment
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.