We are working with a highly successful international manufacturer selling innovative and value-added products into the fabric and apparel markets.
As the Sustainability Manager, you are a critical member of the company’s sustainability and ESG mission. You are responsible for the development and implementation of their corporate sustainability strategies and global initiatives.
• Assess and analyze company policies and processes to identify areas and processes to which improvements can be made in accordance with the organizations commitment to sustainability
• Work collaboratively and interdepartmentally to develop and implement a sustainability strategy for the company’s global operations
• Manage and execute annual sustainability report
• Manage and execute global, comprehensive life cycle inventory/analysis study
• Maintain and improve supplier code of conduct for social and environmental best practices documentation with supply chain, internal auditing and legal teams – as well as global leaders
• Support Commercial, Legal and Investor Relations teams regarding assessment criteria in the area of sustainability
• Collaborate with local, industry, private, investor and governmental organizations to identify key opportunities as related to areas of sustainability
What is essential for success?
• Analytical Thinking: Natural strategist with the ability to successfully leverage systems, analysis tools, and cross functional teams to enhance processes. Takes an analytical and innovative approach to complex issues and problem-solving using life cycle analytics
• Technical Aptitude: Proficiency in data analysis and Excel modeling
• Team Coordination: Ability to work across functionally and to establish new processes and encourage stakeholders. Exhibits high standards of performance
• Communication Skills: Experience working across diverse organizational levels including executive leadership teams. Proven experience speaking at public events/tradeshows/media. Proven track-record of leading and shaping sustainability discussions at different organizational levels
• Autonomy: Ability to independently develop initiatives and action plans to execute strategies in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, or related field required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in environmental practices, regulatory management and/or sustainable practices
• Experience with Life-Cycle Analytics
• Frequent travel between local manufacturing sites
• Ability to travel (10-15%) as needed to trade events, customers, conferences, suppliers or global sites
• Reside in North Carolina or have the ability to relocate to North Carolina
• ISSP, IASE, or other related certification a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.