Supply Chain Manager
We’re working with a global textile manufacturer with $250 million in sales. This is a very profitable well-established company with a substantial client portfolio and they are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team. It’s a people-centric culture where they empower their teams to be creative and make decisions – you’re truly empowered.
Manages and directs the planning/purchasing responsibilities for our client’s business operations to meet delivery schedules and satisfy customers’ requirements.
- Negotiates pricing, terms and delivery of materials
- Manages vendor relationships including imports; as well as manages knitter relationships
- Provides direction to purchasing, customer service, shipping and receiving personnel
- Works with product development to identify needed resources and ensures their timely delivery
- Works with sales regarding forecasting, new requirements, strategy
- Works with quality team regarding consumption, cost, commitments, allocation, capacity
- Directs planning and scheduling activities
- Knowledge and understanding of Freight Logistics, Incoterms, and Warehousing Strategy
- Generate material releases to vendors, maintaining appropriate cumulative required, received and authorized levels
- Communicate release forecasts to vendors
- Manages inventory control process: Expedites shipments as necessary for manufacturing requirements and assign appropriate responsibility for cost of same
- Evaluates causes behind expedited needs to determine if systemic changes are necessary. Recommend or make changes as appropriate
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; and ability to understand key customer/operations issues
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees both within the organization and with customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, etc
- Knowledge and understanding of the textile industry, its manufacturing technologies, fibers, fabrics and finishes is a plus
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Quick study, particularly with respect to planning and operational concepts
- Drive, passion, high energy; comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned or required relating to raw material purchasing and delivery
- Must be available during off-hours to handle urgent requests and must be able to handle a competitive environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Supply Chain
- Three to five years of experience in a Supply Chain environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with planning systems
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.