We are working with a 70+ year designer and manufacturer of polyester, nylon, polypropylene, cotton, Vectran, and other specialty fibers. Due to growth, the company is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor/Manager for the location in Southern North Carolina (on the SC border).
The company is offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, short-term disability and life insurance programs.
Maintenance Manager/Supervisor Job Duties:
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff
- Manage relationships with contractors and service provider
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor electrical and hydraulic systems of facilities to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities with emphasis on Preventative Maintenance using COGS software
- Maintain maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Maintenance Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in maintenance supervision role
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity using Microsoft Teams, COGS maintenance software, and other software provided by the company
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug screen
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.