This US owned Textile Mill has been in business for 50+ years and has multiple sites across the Southeast and Northeast. They mostly do Upholstery and Industrial Textiles and have an excellent reputation in the marketplace. Quality company with quality people and solid benefits. The company has an opening for a Shift Manager in one of their yarn facilities located in North Central North Carolina. This is a 12-hour night shift position reporting to the Plant Manager.
The Shift Manager provides supervisory guidance to employees by planning and scheduling the production operations to ensure manpower is optimized and by directing the employees toward continuous improvement in safety, quality and productivity.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
- Monitor manpower needs
- Schedule work on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Schedule work days and plan vacation schedule
- Periodically conduct informal verbal appraisals of employee performance
- Discipline, coach and counsel as needed
- Issue warnings, reprimands and termination papers
- Approve time worked by employees
- Monitor pay increases and make appropriate recommendations
- Monitor absenteeism and overall attendance
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained in the plant
- Consistently monitor and observe equipment and employees for quality problems
- Communicate with employees on color changes as needed
- Issue PPE or equipment as needed
- Monitor equipment and quality information, including but not limited to, Uster, Murata and Pinter FA.NI
- Assure first aid supplies are maintained and dispensed as needed
- Conduct safety observations
- Conduct accident investigations and complete reports
- Report/Correct any unsafe working conditions
- Enforce company policies and safe work practices
- Maintain close contact with Manufacturing Manager to ensure safety, quality and production goals are communicated and being met
- High school education
- Minimum 2-year associate degree preferred
- 1+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Combination of work and education applicable to position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to analyze circumstances and make effective decisions regarding utilization of manpower and scheduling needs
- Must be able to coordinate and maintain multiple projects at once and respond to change of plans effectively
- Ability to work safely and ensure safety of employees
- Wear appropriate PPE
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull racks
- Normal or corrected vision
- Must be able to distinguish color
- Work with and near moving equipment
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, lifting, sitting, frequent standing, walking and moving around
- Normal or corrected hearing
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.