Quality Manager – Textiles & Fabricated Products
We are working with a well-established (one division is a 125-year producer of personal protection for global defense forces, emergency responders, industrial personnel operating in high temperature environments (products include helmet systems, hearing protection, communication equipment, respiratory protection systems). The division in focus for this role (for over 40 years) has been a pioneer and leading producer of high temperature fabrics for thermal management and fire protection. They also produce apparel to protect crews with their customers in over 70 countries. All products are made in the USA in multiple locations.
Due to growth, the company is looking for a Quality Manager in their facility near Winston-Salem/Greensboro/High Point North Carolina and the role includes a competitive base salary with full benefits and reports to the COO.
As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and high standards of our globally recognized brands. You will continue to build a culture of high performance, integrity, safety, and trust. You will own the ISO 9001:2015 program and be responsible for recertifying all sites.
- Develop and oversee inspection and testing procedures, and ensure proper training and execution to verify the quality or compliance of completed textile products
- Ensure quality tests on a statistically representative sample size, guaranteeing the reliability of all produced goods
- Ensure proper and timely testing at varied production stages to optimize early detection of non-compliance and reduce wastage and rework. Assist operations managers in improving process flow for efficiency
- Have the authority to sanction products for market release or sale
- Guide and direct the work of others, whether direct or indirect reports, ensuring adherence to company quality standards
- Assist in quality control sampling, root cause analysis, and other quality objectives
- Product & Process Development:
- Collaborate with others in the design and development of innovative products according to program requirements by applying knowledge or chemistry, weaving, coating and other manufacturing processes
- Actively Support the manufacturing team with process optimization ideas, process design, and documentation
- Develop and enhance our proactive commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement. Build the culture of trust, performance, integrity
- Prepare product manufacturing documentation and specifications related to new products or new processes
- Certification, Testing & Sampling:
- Interface with UL and other test Agencies for certifications
- Perform laboratory testing, data collection, statistical and other data analysis
- Ensure that lab equipment is in safe and proper working condition and that laboratory safety is proactively followed and continuously improved
- Ensure laboratory environment is in top 6S condition at all times
- ISO Program:
- Develop and maintain accurate system information and ISO quality procedures related to Product Development
- Lead the ISO certification/recertification of multiple sites
- Lead TSO certification and compliance for FCCs
- Bachelor’s degree in textiles, chemistry, or industrial operations or a related field with experience in textiles
- 3+ years of experience in a textile manufacturing
- Comprehensive understanding of textile quality concepts and principles
- Understanding of weaving, coating, and lamination process, and associated defects
- Strong team collaboration skills and initiative
- Superior Analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make judgment calls in high-stakes situations
All Candidates must be able to provide work related references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rush & Company is a full service Executive Search Firm that specializes in the Soft Goods industry.
Included in this industry are the apparel, home furnishings and industrial markets. We work in the fiber, fabric and fashion industry with clients and candidates located all over the world.
All candidates must be able to provide work related references.
If you're a candidate and would like to submit your confidential resume, please use email@example.com. We will contact you if your qualifications match any of our current job searches.